5930K overclocking help

Metro

Slight increases to the VCCIO (also known as VCCIN VTT on some motherboards) and the System Agent voltages should increase the stability of the IMC when running high-speed RAM. I haven't overclocked my memory higher than 2666 (I'll be honest, the RAM did that all by itself too) so I don't have any values to aim at for those two settings though.

Quite a lot of people noted that changing the VCCIO voltage wasn't too helpful for mem, as it only deals with the I/O interfaces like PCIe and the DMI connected stuff.

A lot of people do as much as +300mV (1.3v) on their System Agent Voltage though. Upping the VRIN (I think some boards call it VCCIN) to 1.9 (up from 1.8) should help as well.

@Metro

Quite a lot of people noted that changing the VCCIO voltage wasn't too helpful for mem, as it only deals with the I/O interfaces like PCIe and the DMI connected stuff.

A lot of people do as much as +300mV (1.3v) on their System Agent Voltage though. Upping the VRIN (I think some boards call it VCCIN) to 1.9 (up from 1.8) should help as well.

@Metro

I will try more memtest86 first, I have done 8 hours on stock settings with 1500Mhz RAM now with memtest86 without an error. I will try the overclocked settings later

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

@Metro

So even with stock core clock my RAM speed is still 3001Mhz according to AIDA64. However CPU Z says it is 1499Mhz

AIDA64

RAM speed

CPUZ

RAM speed2

Also my VCCIN is at 1.904V and my System Agent Voltage is at SA 1.370. These are on AUTO however that is the value to the side of it.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

So even with stock core clock my RAM speed is still 3001Mhz according to AIDA64. However CPU Z says it is 1499Mhz

AIDA64

CPUZ

Also my VCCIN is at 1.904V and my System Agent Voltage is at SA 1.370. These are on AUTO however that is the value to the side of it.

CPU-Z reports half the speed because it's double data rate, so that's normal. Still 3000Mhz effective :)

I think you should try give the VCCIN 1.95v and the SAV 1.4v

If you still have errors it might just be that your memory controllers isn't too fantastic.