Best Budget power supplies?

Rayve

I am probably going to do a mini-ITX build in the new Fractal Core 500, with an i3-6100 and a PowerColor R9 380 (I know it's not the highest of quality but if it actually has problems let me know). I don't want to cheap out on my PSU, but I don't want to splurge my budget on a fully modular platinum rated 1000 watt power supply, and I have heard the 500b, NEX series, and CX & CX-M power supplys aren't great but what's a good budget-oriented PSU that will fit my build?

SeaSonic or XFX. Whichever is cheapest for the wattage you need.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

The CX series is a definite no-go in mini ITX systems since any psu is going to get hotter in mini ITX and since all CX power supplies are rated at 30C. I don't know that you really can go budget here since modularity and performance at higher temperatures are musts in that form factor. Usually the high quality psus selling for budget prices aren't modular.

seasonic,xfx,evga b2/gq/gs/g2, antec hcg/earthwatts/VP 450

The site has changed....

The CX series is a definite no-go in mini ITX systems since any psu is going to get hotter in mini ITX and since all CX power supplies are rated at 30C. I don't know that you really can go budget here since modularity and performance at higher temperatures are musts in that form factor. Usually the high quality psus selling for budget prices aren't modular.

CX line works just fine in mini itx builds. I used a 500w in a Node 304 with an i3 4150 and a Radeon HD 7970. All this miss information about power supplies and the CX line is ridiculous. Are they the best? No. But they are no where near as bad as they are made out to be.

At @Rayve make a budget for the power supply and then stick to it. Look at reviews for some that are within your budget and get the one you think will be best. Too many good power supplies to list at any given price point. I've used Antec, Rosewill, Corsair and a few others that i cant remember right now. All have been good and all of them still work (some I've had for 7+ years). They are just like any other piece of hardware, if you use them as they are intended to be used then you wont have any problems (unless something crazy happens like a freak power surge or something). Abuse them and you can have problems. Example, putting a higher load on them when its rated at a lower load. Like using 500w on a 300w unit. 

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

I am probably going to do a mini-ITX build in the new Fractal Core 500, with an i3-6100 and a PowerColor R9 380 (I know it's not the highest of quality but if it actually has problems let me know). I don't want to cheap out on my PSU, but I don't want to splurge my budget on a fully modular platinum rated 1000 watt power supply, and I have heard the 500b, NEX series, and CX & CX-M power supplys aren't great but what's a good budget-oriented PSU that will fit my build?

Antec HCG or XFX TS

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||