Is this a good 5960x?

Hey guys I just got my 5960x. I got the NH-U12s cooler on it. I can get 4.2ghz with 1.15v at 70°C max load. Do you think it is a good Chip or a bad one?

The flagship consumer chip from Intel? Of course it a good chip. Anyone who says it's not is a liar.

My native language is C++

Hey guys I just got my 5960x. I got the NH-U12s cooler on it. I can get 4.2ghz with 1.15v at 70°C max load. Do you think it is a good Chip or a bad one?

Is 4.2Ghz your maximum OC?

If it is, that isn't a great CPU. 4.5GHz at 1.3V is average.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

The flagship consumer chip from Intel? Of course it a good chip. Anyone who says it's not is a liar.

He means, his overclock. Is it a good overclocking chip.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

very good, paul, from paulshardware have a 4.4, 1,22V and he said his chip is special. 
your oc is meh, but with that voltage, is very good

Well of course this is not my max overclock. I only use 1.15 just because of the cooler. Im going full custom loop soon. just asking if this OC is good at all for 1.15v 5960x

Well of course this is not my max overclock. I only use 1.15 just because of the cooler. Im going full custom loop soon. just asking if this OC is good at all for 1.15v 5960x

At this state and low OC it is pretty much impossible to tell if the chip is good or not. Put a custom loop on it and try it. Most people with a 5960X end up going as high as 1.5+V for OC to 4.7-4.8GHz. Which is for benchmarking not a problem with a good custom loop where flow rate and pressure of the loop match. But a 5960X going up to 5.0GHz is rare with water. Usually those results go already towards phase changing or dry ice. And the 5.5GHz of top OCers are achieved through LN2.

4.5GHz with 5960X (if it´s a stable OC of course) is plenty and more than enough. If you can achieve 100 or 200 MHz more, well great but unless for a synthetic benchmark, that won´t be really noticeable.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Hey guys I pushed it again and the result is i can get it to work at 4.4ghz at 1.22v just like Paul's hardware. Its on air now and it runs at max 82°C while being stresstested with Asus realbench and Aida64. Does it mean i got a golden chip too?

I guess I missed the point.... as long as your temps are in the 80s underload I wouldn't worry about waiting... I would be getting some overclock profiles set while I waiting to do the loop though, but thats me. 

That sounds like a good chip. I would be seeing what I can get at 1.3 and 1.35 though. 

I guess I missed the point.... as long as your temps are in the 80s underload I wouldn't worry about waiting... I would be getting some overclock profiles set while I waiting to do the loop though, but thats me. 

That sounds like a good chip. I would be seeing what I can get at 1.3 and 1.35 though. 

Hey man i just got it to 4.4ghz with 1.22v and temps are less than 83 degree C. What do u think?

Hey man i just got it to 4.4ghz with 1.22v and temps are less than 83 degree C. What do u think?

Sounds good, might have to wait on better cooling to push too much higher. As long as it doesn't go into the 90s. I don't like stress testing mine in the 90s. I have a new build I just built my dad for Christmas with about a 5 year old Corsair H50, since that was pretty much the first AIO cooler and the first edition that came out it is really lackluster. I have my G3258 with a 4.5 OC but couldn't test it long enough because it would shoot into the 90s, I think its stable but it will have to wait for better cooling, I just OC'ed it to 4.2 in the meantime which is very stable and stays in the high 70s under heavy stress testing. You could probably bump your 5960X up some more and still be fine until you get better cooling. 

Hey guys I pushed it again and the result is i can get it to work at 4.4ghz at 1.22v just like Paul's hardware. Its on air now and it runs at max 82°C while being stresstested with Asus realbench and Aida64. Does it mean i got a golden chip too?

Like paul said, "special" not sure about "golden chip" tho :P