MSI afterburner questions and stuff

Ok so i just got my new shiny 650W 80+ gold PSU and now im gona OC my graphics card! i am slightly familiar with MSI afterburner seeing as i have used it to OC my old 750TI(with horrible results) and i just have some questions for people who use it!(or just generally OC) here they are:

1: does the OC load automatically after you restart your PC or do you have to do it manually in MSI afterburner?

2: memory or GPU first?

3: do i touch the voltage?

4: best steps to go with?(ie: 10 and 10 untill crach/artifacts and then down 5 and 5 untill stabile)

thanks for any replies and thanks for any help, marry christmas everyone :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1.) You must check off(in the UI) the option "Apply overclocking at system startup" which is at the bottom of the UI.

2.)GPU.

3.)Increase voltage as required.

4.)I would increase the frequency by 10MHz on the respective component and then stress test. If you want to get edgier, you can increase the clock by 50MHz and stress test.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

There is an option in Afterburner to pre-load the OC on startup.

Go up in 10s (starting with the core) and test it using unigine heaven.

If you encounter graphical glitching or it just fails all together dial back the OC by 10 or increase voltage by 0.05.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

read the gpu overclocking thread. will answer all your questions

link plz?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

There is an option in Afterburner to pre-load the OC on startup.

Go up in 10s (starting with the core) and test it using unigine heaven.

If you encounter graphical glitching or it just fails all together dial back the OC by 10 or increase voltage by 0.05.

1.) You must check off(in the UI) the option "Apply overclocking at system startup" which is at the bottom of the UI.

2.)GPU.

3.)Increase voltage as required.

4.)I would increase the frequency by 10MHz on the respective component and then stress test. If you want to get edgier, you can increase the clock by 50MHz and stress test.

thanks sounds good what do you recomend for stress tests?

Builds:

Spoiler

Unigine Heaven(free) and some real games you intend to play.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Unigine heaven (Max tessellation) for the inital OC

https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/heaven/

Once you are happy run everything you can find, individually of course (FurMark, 3dMark etc)

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Unigine Heaven(free) and some real games you intend to play.

ok thanks

Builds:

Spoiler

Once you are happy run everything (FurMark 3dMark etc)

ok thanks a lot for the help!

Builds:

Spoiler

3DMark Fire Strike, Unigine Valley (since there's spreadsheets here for them), Catzilla. 

General gaming. Whatever you like. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3DMark Fire Strike, Unigine Valley (since there's spreadsheets here for them), Catzilla. 

I wouldn't use Fire Strike as it's too short per scene.

ok thanks for the suggestions :D

Builds:

Spoiler

I wouldn't use Fire Strike as it's too short per scene.

Once you are happy run everything you can find, individually of course (FurMark, 3dMark etc)

Ok so this is what i have right now:

Core Voltage: +48mV

Power Limit: 112%

Core Clock: +150MHz

Memory Clock: +100MHz

got 71.5fps avrage in valley :D

Builds:

Spoiler

Sounds good

What's your score?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What's your score?

havent run any other benchmarks yet and if theres a score in valley i didnt see it 

*edit*

4684 in furmark 1080p benchmark at 78fps

Builds:

Spoiler

Sounds good

What's your score?

had do dial back my overclock to make it stabile :( was fine in valley but really didnt like CS:GO so now my avrage was 60.4FPS in valley with all the settings cranked to max at 1080p

Builds:

Spoiler