I am not sure if my PSU is strong enough for Nvidia GTX 950

dusanm

Well, I can afford it ( I have enough money, my money), the question is, will my parents allow me to buy something as expensive as that, knowing them, they will probably try to find something cheaper. I'll ask them, but I just found CORSAIR CX Series Modular CX430M for 57 euros and Corsair CX Series Modular CX600M for 73 euros both about 190 Km away from my city, but that can be solved by delivering. Is that a better solution since Corsair is what people recommend in here?

The Seasonic is VASTLY superior, but if your parents try to talk you down then go for the CX430M.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The Seasonic is VASTLY superior, but if your parents try to talk you down then go for the CX430M.

Thanks, I'll ask them tommorow (both sleeping right now) and tell you about the plan, thanks again

Thanks, I'll ask them tommorow (both sleeping right now) and tell you about the plan, thanks again

No problem! Also, I'll be celebrating Christmas all day tomorrow so don't expect an entirely immediate answer ;)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

You don't need a strong PSU. Also, don't forget to quote people to get their attention!

The CS600 is better than both options I mentioned but is unnecessary for a GTX 950 which produces no heat and needs very little power. I'd suggest a CX430M because it's semi-modular and has enough power by a long shot.

no cxs please

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

No problem! Also, I'll be celebrating Christmas all day tomorrow so don't expect an entirely immediate answer ;)

Of course, and Merry Christmas to you and to all of the people celebrating Christmas :)

i wouldn't trust a 950's life with it....

Well then you're misinformed.... It's not a bomb as people make it out to be, it just shouldn't be paired with high-end, hot GPUs. A 950 is neither of those things.

Oh and one more thing before I go to bed, I know this isn't the topic for it, but I downloaded a program called Speccy to give me informations about my pc, and I noticed it says my CPU temeperature is about 98-99 degrees celsius and the numbers are colored red. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be that hot, I'm not doing anything really pc demanding, browsing the internet, or really, doing nothing, is that normal ?(it even shows temperature around that on startup)

Oh and one more thing before I go to bed, I know this isn't the topic for it, but I downloaded a program called Speccy to give me informations about my pc, and I noticed it says my CPU temeperature is about 98-99 degrees celsius and the numbers are colored red. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be that hot, I'm not doing anything really pc demanding, browsing the internet, or really, doing nothing, is that normal ?(it even shows temperature around that on startup)

Well no CPU should be getting that hot but what CPU is it? If it's an Intel CPU then download Realtemp https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2089/real-temp-3-70/mirrors

If using an AMD CPU then use Coretemp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Well no CPU should be getting that hot but what CPU is it? If it's an Intel CPU then download Realtemp https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2089/real-temp-3-70/mirrors

If using an AMD CPU then use Coretemp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Ok, I downloaded it, it says in the past few minutes I opened it, that I have Core i5-750 processor and 2798.02 MHz is the frequency, and that minimum temperature is 93-94 degrees celsius and the maximum at the moment of writing this 99 degrees. I just wanted to see if its normal or not, because I read somewhere the ideal temperature of an Intel processor would be aorund 60 degrees celsius. Thanks.

Ok, I downloaded it, it says in the past few minutes I opened it, that I have Core i5-750 processor and 2798.02 MHz is the frequency, and that minimum temperature is 93-94 degrees celsius and the maximum at the moment of writing this 99 degrees. I just wanted to see if its normal or not, because I read somewhere the ideal temperature of an Intel processor would be aorund 60 degrees celsius. Thanks.

No, that's definitely not normal, my friend. You might want to clean off the old thermal paste (YouTube tutorials can help you here) and reapply the CPU cooler to fix that.

And yeah, 60C is still a tad high but more what you should be looking at.

No, that's definitely not normal, my friend. You might want to clean off the old thermal paste (YouTube tutorials can help you here) and reapply the CPU cooler to fix that.

Ok, thanks for the information and advice, good thing I noticed it and found this forum. I'll try to clean it. Thanks

Ok, so I opened my case and cleaned the whole pc from dust. When I came back, my cpu temperature was and is around 50 degrees celsius(51-55)! Wow, almost a half of what it was. Thanks for the suggestion. Oh and I forgot to ask, what is the difference between MSI Nvidia GTX 950, Asus Nvidia GTX 950 Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 950 and EVGA GTX 950? And which one should I buy?

Ok, so I opened my case and cleaned the whole pc from dust. When I came back, my cpu temperature was and is around 50 degrees celsius(51-55)! Wow, almost a half of what it was. Thanks for the suggestion. Oh and I forgot to ask, what is the difference between MSI Nvidia GTX 950, Asus Nvidia GTX 950 Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 950 and EVGA GTX 950? And which one should I buy?

You should get whichever looks the best and is cheapest, or some combination of the two. They're all basically the same.

You should get whichever looks the best and is cheapest, or some combination of the two. They're all basically the same.

Ok, so there's no difference. Thanks for the response. I'll see which one is the cheapest. Thanks