Help with installing gpu

Bruu Betyr

I built my pc 3 weeks ago and its running off my i5 4690k and its inbuilt gpu. I just got an r9 380x. I was wondering how I disable the on-board gpu (intel hd) and how to install the gpu. I just need an explanation on what order I do these things in and how. Thanks

Just put the GPU into the PCIE slot, plug in its power connectors and take your video cables out of the onboard adapter and plug it into the GPU. 

Marry Christmas! :D

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

It should auto disable once you start the PC with your new dedicated GPU.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I built my pc 3 weeks ago and its running off my i5 4690k and its inbuilt gpu. I just got an r9 380x. I was wondering how I disable the on-board gpu (intel hd) and how to install the gpu. I just need an explanation on what order I do these things in and how. Thanks

Put the GPU into a PIC Express 16x slot. Plug your monitor in that. The Intel GPU will not function automatically since you put in a GPU.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Put the GPU into a PIC Express 16x slot. Plug your monitor in that. The Intel GPU will not function automatically since you put in a GPU.

Ok because I've been using the pc with the inbuilt gpu (inbuilt in the cpu) so I dont need to disable it after plugging in the gpu? I just plug and play?

Ok because I've been using the pc with the inbuilt gpu (inbuilt in the cpu) so I dont need to disable it after plugging in the gpu? I just plug and play?

Yep, plug and play. It's better to have the integrated graphics enabled so that you can take advantage of features like quicksync. It helps if you are a broadcaster.

My native language is C++

Yes. That is how it works Merry Christmas!

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Yes. That is how it works Merry Christmas!

Yep, plug and play. It's better to have the integrated graphics enabled so that you can take advantage of features like quicksync. It helps if you are a broadcaster.

Just put the GPU into the PCIE slot, plug in its power connectors and take your video cables out of the onboard adapter and plug it into the GPU. 

Marry Christmas! :D

Thanks, Have a merry christmas

Plug the hdmi cable onto your video card. most motherboard will disable the on board igpu by default if it detects a discrete graphic card. If not, you need to disable it in the bios before plugging in the hdmi cable to the 380x.