CPU Fan Error & Shocked

Zastin
Go to solution Solved by spaiduhz,

It was on the cpu_opt, then error doesn't show anymore after i connected it on cpu fan header. But on the image i posted above worries me because (Temperatures #3 and #6) shows over max 120°C.

Check from your bios and cross reference your motherboard manual on where the sensors are. Your cpu looks fine though.

Hi guys,

I just build up very first gaming pc with corsair h100i gtx, and Seasonic (X650) X-series, then i boot it up it showed a cpu fan error, but the cooler was spinning and the logo has light on, what seems to be the problem? If i ignore it via bios, what could happen? and then i got shocked and sparks came from the power strip because the psu was still turned on, i feel st*pid. Will it dmage the system or reduced it's life span?

Thanks,

make sure your H100iGTX pump header is plugged into the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard

and then i got shocked and sparks came from the power strip because the psu was still turned on, i feel st*pid. 

WHAT?!?

what are you talking about?

can you explain better plz?

were you using an external power strip?

did you unplug the PC from the power strip?

did you touch the power strip?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Make sure the the plugs for the CPU cooler are plugged into the "CPU Fan" header and not a sys/chasis fan. Using the CPU header means the speed of the fan/pump will vary depending on CPU temp.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Wait so you unplugged the PSU from the mains while it was still running?

I'me pretty sure youve fucked your PSU

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

no PSUs are fine

unplugging it is the same as having a power outage

i think OP means that sparks came out of the socket from unplugging it while on, which is dangerous, but wont kill a PSU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I dont see how disconnecting your psu when its running would cause any harm... 

Same thing as when you shut down your pc, and just turn off the power strip everything is connected to rather than using the switch on the PSU.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

make sure your H100iGTX pump header is plugged into the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard

WHAT?!?

what are you talking about?

can you explain better plz?

were you using an external power strip?

did you unplug the PC from the power strip?

did you touch the power strip?

umm the psu was plugged in on the external power strip, it has voltage surge protector, and yep i unplugged psu from the power strip, however the pc is turned off, i just left the psu on.

I was touching the power strip when i was attempting to unplug it, and it sparks from extern power strip socket. I'm kinda nervous right now ...

umm the psu was plugged in on the external power strip, it has voltage surge protector, and yep i unplugged psu from the power strip, however the pc is turned off, i just left the psu on.

I was touching the power strip when i was attempting to unplug it, and it sparks from extern power strip socket. I'm kinda nervous right now ...

oh thats fine

you cant damage anything by doing that, other than a little wear on your power connectors

Spoiler

Hi guys,

I just build up very first gaming pc with corsair h100i gtx, and Seasonic (X650) X-series, then i boot it up it showed a cpu fan error, but the cooler was spinning and the logo has light on, what seems to be the problem? If i ignore it via bios, what could happen? and then i got shocked and sparks came from the power strip because the psu was still turned on, i feel st*pid. Will it dmage the system or reduced it's life span?

Thanks,

ur good, just stay safe

i do that all the time

its fine

u meant tiny blue sparks?

from the 2 plug holes right?

u meant tiny blue sparks?

from the 2 plug holes right?

yes,

Other than: i have install the os and i dont know about these stuffs so i took a photo from open hardware. I just ignored the cpu fan warning.

QZrLDLt.png

Cpu fan error is usually due to a faulty fan detected connected to the cpufan headers. Usually the closest 4 pin fan header from the cpu. You should be able to disable from bios if you are going passive, but in your case you will eant to check that fan header.

Also, regards to the sparks, consider checking or replacing your power strip if it persistantly sparks.

Cpu fan error is usually due to a faulty fan detected connected to the cpufan headers. Usually the closest 4 pin fan header from the cpu. You should be able to disable from bios if you are going passive, but in your case you will eant to check that fan header.

Also, regards to the sparks, consider checking or replacing your power strip if it persistantly sparks.

It was on the cpu_opt, then error doesn't show anymore after i connected it on cpu fan header. But on the image i posted above worries me because (Temperatures #3 and #6) shows over max 120°C.

Check from your bios and cross reference your motherboard manual on where the sensors are. Your cpu looks fine though.