STRIX SOAR versus XONAR PHOEBUS SOLO

Andrej
Go to solution Solved by Andrej,

Just wondering if I can find something better for the money. If they're giving you a deal, that sounds like the best option, though.

http://www.dateks.lv/cenas/skanas-kartes

(My special price on Phoebus solo is 123 EUR or approximately 130 USD, Strix SOAR as listed 92 EUR)

Hello, my dear enthusiasts, i`d like to hear your opinion for the topic for my specific usage scenario and overall. The way i intend use sound card: hi-res flac playback and gaming on my stereo (pioneer A-307-R with pioneer CS-5070), and headphones (DT-990 pro 250Ohm). I DO NOT USE MIC, like at all! I do not care about surround, i never use EQ, optical... I care about quality stereo output to front channels and headphone apm. (and yes, i do realize STX2 (priced localy at 300USD) would be better, but far out of my budget which is 130 USD.) 

Is your onboard having issues?

I`ts fine, just doesn`t deliver the fidelity i used to with pioneer PD-M406 with 20 years old schematics... So it simply can`t replace it as music playback source. (and i`m tired to burn CD`s). My pc is practically inaudible, room is quiet, seriously quiet, so audio fidelity is important, and i do not mean noise fool, i was not having this issue even with onboard, i just sound not crisp enough, through all the range. + i want reasonably high fidelity on headphones. // Xonar Phoebus 130 USD vs Strix SOAR 100 USD. All up to 130 is OK to my wallet. // And i have on 6+2 pin cable separately wright off my PSU.

I`ts fine, just doesn`t deliver the fidelity i used to with pioneer PD-M406 with 20 years old schematics... So it simply can`t replace it as music playback source. (and i`m tired to burn CD`s). My pc is practically inaudible, room is quiet, seriously quiet, so audio fidelity is important, and i do not mean noise fool, i was not having this issue even with onboard, i just sound not crisp enough, through all the range. + i want reasonably high fidelity on headphones. // Xonar Phoebus 130 USD vs Strix SOAR 100 USD. All up to 130 is OK to my wallet. // And i have on 6+2 pin cable separately wright off my PSU.

What audio player do you use? Are you using WASAPI?

What audio player do you use? Are you using WASAPI?

foobar2000 v1.3.8, and i always did.

foobar2000 v1.3.8, and i always did.

And where are you going to be ordering from?

And where are you going to be ordering from?

Local trusted retailer, same i got my pc from. They can provide special price on Phoebus solo for me (but i have to make my decision before the year ends.) How does it connects to the topic tough?

Local trusted retailer, same i got my pc from. They can provide special price on Phoebus solo for me (but i have to make my decision before the year ends.) How does it connects to the topic tough?

Just wondering if I can find something better for the money. If they're giving you a deal, that sounds like the best option, though.

http://www.dateks.lv/cenas/skanas-kartes

(My special price on Phoebus solo is 123 EUR or approximately 130 USD, Strix SOAR as listed 92 EUR)