Hey guys, help me choose motherboard for this configuration:

i7 4770k

EVGA GTX780 SC

Corsair  Vengeance Pro 8GB

Samsung 840 EVO-Series 120GB SSD

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750 Watt

Thanks.

Form factor? Preferences?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Maximus V Formula maybe?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_FORMULA/

Formula1.png

Or the cheaper one Maximus V Hero

ASUS-Maximus-VI-Hero1.jpg

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Is Maximus series really necessary? I mean can I go with Z87 PRO or I need at least Sabertooth?

Maybe something a Gigabyte Z87-UD4H? Looks sexy and in my opinion better than the ROG ones but that's just me.

Is Maximus series really necessary? I mean can I go with Z87 PRO or I need at least Sabertooth?

Not really, all Z87 board are near about the same. You're just paying for the extra features manufacturers are adding on.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Maximus because you can. But if you want to cut cost, the PRO is a great option. And with the new gold RAM from Corsair, color matching the Sabertooth won't be so bad either. Although if you don't care much for looks, either one will serve your needs well. If you plan to overclock the snot out of your i7, the Sabertooth. Also it's more reliable with the TUF parts and not to mention the ridiculously long warranty

You don't need to go with the Maximus series or the Sabertooth the advantages are better components and some extras

Okay, newegg has this combo offer if you buy Sabertooth and i7 4770k together you'll get -50$, which is cheaper then i7 4770k + Z87 PRO, so, I'll go with that.

Thanks guys.

Okay, newegg has this combo offer if you buy Sabertooth and i7 4770k together you'll get -50$, which is cheaper then i7 4770k + Z87 PRO, so, I'll go with that.

Thanks guys.

That is quite the deal, good choice!

I like the Maximus board because of the advanced audio system help with sound whoring on games and its overall an AMAZING board I would take a look at the ASUS Maximus Hero that was my board I was going to use with an i5 4670k

My computer is a turd but it gets work done!

z87- pro is great from personal experience

i was in doubt between the hero and z87-pro: but i diidnt really care for the onboard audio

Edited by DenVu

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

I like the Maximus board because of the advanced audio system help with sound whoring on games and its overall an AMAZING board I would take a look at the ASUS Maximus Hero that was my board I was going to use with an i5 4670k

With their sound radar on all ROG boards, who wouldn't like them? And for what you're paying, I've heard that the audio ain't half bad but getting a dedicated sound card would still be better

I would just go with a Asus Z87-A because this board is not a bad board for overclocking imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer