360mm or 280mm

Assuming these sizes of rad had the same fans what would PERFORM Better in terms of cooling for a higher overclock, im looking at the Rajintek Triton. Weirldy enough they both cost £89.99?!

Assuming these sizes of rad had the same fans what would PERFORM Better in terms of cooling for a higher overclock, im looking at the Rajintek Triton. Weirldy enough they both cost £89.99?!

The more surface area you have, the better the coolant will cool through heat dissipation. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Or if you know a better AIO for under £100 (148 USD, 208 Canadian Dollar)

Or if you know a better AIO for under £100 (148 USD, 208 Canadian Dollar)

Not sure I avoid AIO's like the plague due to all the problems that crop up on forums about them. If I had to fit one I'd only bother with the EK predator but they don't do them for AMD and I already have an EK supremacy evo for my i5 rig, just need to find myself another pump and rad.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

360mm is definitely larger in terms of surface area than a 280mm, and would cool a system down a significantly better.

The problem most of the time isn't a matter of performance, but whether or not you can fit it in your case. 

I have a 760T case and I was going to go for a 360mm AIO but it's far too long for me and looks strange IMO.

280mm is enough to cool an overclocked i7 without any issues at all. And it doesn't look strangely unfitting.

Spoiler