[Updated] Timmy's Liquidfox R2 (MK II)

Timmyfox

Liquidfox R2 MK II
Specs:
Case - Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
PSU - Corsair AX860i (individually sleeved)
Mobo - Asus P8Z68V/Gen3
CPU - Intel Core i7 2600K
RAM - Corsair XMS3 1600MHz (16 GB)
GPU - AMD 7970 GHz edition
Storage:

• OCZ Vector 256GB (Primary)
  • Crucial C300 RealSSD 128GB (Secondary)
  • WD Caviar Black 1TB (Backups/storage)

Cooling:

• Swiftech MCP655 (Laing D5) pump
  • XSPC Raystorm CPU block
  • EK 7970 Acetal CSQ GPU block + backplate
  • EK CoolStream RAD XT 240 w/ Noctua F12
  • Swiftech Rad (from H220)
  • EK X3 150 res
  • Feser 10/13 light blue tubing
  • Distilled water w/ silver coils
  • NF-P12/14 case fans

Okay, here's some progress!

Getting started
Sleeving-001.jpg

Test fitting and making sure it's all functioning correctly
Sleeving-002.jpg

And laced
Sleeving-003.jpg

Sleeving-004.jpg

And installed
Sleeving-005.jpg

First batch of items arrive!
DSC00474.jpg

Radiator installed/testfitted with the NF-F12's (I turned it around in between shots).
DSC00485.jpg
DSC00514.jpg

Noctua P14, The fan filter I used was fairly inefficient and tons of dust was still sucked in - I fixed this by adding some foam from an older case to it.
DSC00487.jpg
DSC00488.jpg

Initial shots of the case and installation of the first few components:
DSC00512.jpg
DSC00515.jpg
DSC00519.jpg

As seen in the above photo, the reservoir has arrived. I also got some individually sleeved cables which I've laced by myself (using this guide by forum member alpenwasser).
DSC00528.jpg

Forgot to photograph the main components before installing but it's starting to get somewhere now with the cables!
DSC00529.jpg
DSC00533.jpg
DSC00531.jpg

Initial tubing cut and test-fitted
13.jpg

Time to mount the res! To do so I first need to a hole in the case.
14.jpg
15.jpg

And it's mounted! I think it'll look great here! Had to use custom screws to make it work as the supplied ones were too short.
16.jpg
17.jpg

Flipped the top radiator around and got all the tubing done. I cannot connect the graphics card yet as I'm waiting still for the EK FC-Bridge to arrive.
18.jpg

And now it's time for a little break and get something to eat whilst waiting for dinner.
19.jpg

Just getting started!
20.jpg
21.jpg

Paint it black~
I think they came out really nicely!
22.jpg
23.jpg

The finished product, put an untouched one next to them for reference..
24.jpg

More painting things black!
Buildlog-025.jpg
Buildlog-026.jpg
Buildlog-027.jpg

And installed...
Buildlog-028.jpg

Finally the FC-Bridge arrived!
Buildlog-029.jpg

And now to install the noise dampening foam I got as well, it looks great!
Buildlog-030.jpg
Buildlog-031.jpg
Buildlog-032.jpg

Change of plan, look at this sexiness~
Buildlog-033.jpg
Buildlog-034.jpg

Hope this shouldn't affect anything, it seems half of my EK compressions had blemishes like this. Good thing it's only on the parts not visible.
Buildlog-035.jpg

What is looks like so far!
Buildlog-036.jpg
Buildlog-037.jpg

And now for the final part, the heart of the loop - The pump.
Buildlog-038.jpg

Filled it up, now to let it leak test over the evening, night and whilst I'm in school. Once I get home it should be almost 24 hours non-stop.
Buildlog-039.jpg

Here I'll post updates of each milestone in the building process, I don't like to consider anything ever finished since there's always some tweaks to be done down the road.

Original build (September 2013)
Buildlog-040.jpg

MK II (May 2014)
Sleeving-008.jpg

Sleeving-006.jpg

Sleeving-007.jpg

Updates:
Aug 29: Added initial photos and progress info
Aug 31: Added more photos and updated progress
Sep 04: Updated progress, done some work the fans
Sep 14: It is more or less finished, laptop broke so haven't been able to update this thread until now.
Sep 15: The last batch of progress photos and documentation is up! The spec sheet has also been updated to reflect the few changes.

May 14: New PSU, sleeved cables, new plans/ideas etc..
May 15: Posted photos of progress

Current progress:
Updated a bunch of things in the time that's been since my last post, I should have some photos and further status updates up in a few hours when I get back from school. I have several new ideas I wanna do in the coming months if my budget allows.

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

Waiting ^^

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Here's all the initial progress shots:

First batch of items arrive!

DSC00474.jpg

Radiator installed/testfitted with the NF-F12's (I turned it around in between shots).

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

Noctua P14, The fan filter I used was fairly inefficient and tons of dust was still sucked in - I fixed this by adding some foam from an older case to it.

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

Initial shots of the case and installation of the first few components:

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

As seen in the above photo, the reservoir has arrived. I also got some individually sleeved cables which I've laced by myself (using this guide by forum member alpenwasser).

DSC00528.jpg

Forgot to photograph the main components before installing but it's starting to get somewhere now with the cables!

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

looks good so fa. what kind of overclock will you be going for with the loop?

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Looks really good man :)

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

looks good so fa. what kind of overclock will you be going for with the loop?

No idea, my main focus is ultra low noise levels and temperatures. Once that's been achieved I'll see how far I can push everything.

Looks really good man :)

Thanks!

Awesome build :o

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Looks really awesome, not a fan of having Noctuas where they can actually be seen but the colour scheme and the cable management is definitely well done. Looking forward to see the WC loop finished :).

Looks really awesome, not a fan of having Noctuas where they can actually be seen but the colour scheme and the cable management is definitely well done. Looking forward to see the WC loop finished :).

I do agree about the color scheme of the Noctuas, might switch them out at some point, though I like the performance and noise level of the Noctuas, plus I have a ton of them in my collection.

Awesome build :o

Thanks!

Okay, time for another update! Here's installing the tubing and reservoar. I cannot do more unfortunately until' the EK FC-Bridge arrives. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Initial tubing cut and test-fitted

13.jpg

Time to mount the res! To do so I first need to a hole in the case.

14.jpg

15.jpg

And it's mounted! I think it'll look great here! Had to use custom screws to make it work as the supplied ones were too short for mounting like this.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Flipped the top radiator around and got all the tubing done. I cannot connect the graphics card yet as I'm waiting still for the EK FC-Bridge to arrive.

18.jpg

And now it's time for a little break and get something to eat whilst waiting for dinner.

19.jpg

good job looks good

Thanks!

More work done!

I also got a confirmation that the EK FC-link has been sent so hopefully it should arrive by today!

Time for some work with the fans~

Just getting started!

20.jpg

21.jpg

Paint it black~

I think they came out really nicely!

22.jpg

23.jpg

The finished product, put an untouched one next to them for reference..

24.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the large lack of updates this past week!

This has happened and a lot of updates has occurred. However my laptop broke so I've been unable to use anything else than my phone for the last week, but now I'm back on with the finished build, so expect a large update post soonish!

Brief updatelog:

*Swapped out H220 block for a D5 pump and Raystorm CPU-block

*Noise dampening foam

*More painting black

*Other fixes and refinements

Let's finish this up shall we?

More painting things black!
Buildlog-025.jpg
Buildlog-026.jpg
Buildlog-027.jpg

And installed...
Buildlog-028.jpg

Finally the FC-Bridge arrived!
Buildlog-029.jpg

And now to install the noise dampening foam I got as well, it looks great!
Buildlog-030.jpg
Buildlog-031.jpg
Buildlog-032.jpg

Change of plan, look at this sexiness~
Buildlog-033.jpg
Buildlog-034.jpg

Hope this shouldn't affect anything, it seems half of my EK compressions had blemishes like this. Good thing it's only on the parts not visible.
Buildlog-035.jpg

What is looks like so far!
Buildlog-036.jpg
Buildlog-037.jpg

And now for the final part, the heart of the loop - The pump.
Buildlog-038.jpg

Filled it up, now to let it leak test over the evening, night and whilst I'm in school. Once I get home it should be almost 24 hours non-stop.
Buildlog-039.jpg

And it's alive! It's all up and running, everything seems to be working just fine! I love how the res looks with the LED shining through it.
Buildlog-040.jpg

This has certainly been a fun project. Hope y'all like it!

awesome :o can u actually hear the system ?

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

awesome :o can u actually hear the system ?

Nah, that's why I got the LED's. That way I can make sure it's actually on!

(Of course I'm being sarcastic, but it's indeed extremely quiet, and my definition of quiet is QUIET)

Very nice system

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

That is BLUE!!

Great build, mate

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Very nice system

That is BLUE!!

Great build, mate

Thanks! I chose blue as I'm tired of seeing all these green or red themed builds and I love blue.

Now to test the noise and heat compare it with a thin plastic box running a 480GTX gigabyte wind force oc with 3 years of dust xD.

Looks really awesome, I think it would have looked better with less LEDs or white ones, a bit too much blue as it is. Still a really great job :).

Now to test the noise and heat compare it with a thin plastic box running a 480GTX gigabyte wind force oc with 3 years of dust xD.

Oh dear xD

Looks really awesome, I think it would have looked better with less LEDs or white ones, a bit too much blue as it is. Still a really great job :).

The LED's aren't as striking as they look in some of the pictures, it's just the camera that usually is fairly sensitive to the brightness of LED's and thus washes them out.

Seen with my own eyes it's more of a deep and stealthy look, mainly thanks to the smoked acrylic window of the Arc R2. I'll see if I can capture it better tonight.

I can note also the the LED strip has a 3 level brightness adjustment.

• 7 months later...

Back with updates!

- I've updated my power supply to the Corsair AX860i and done some major custom sleeving work!

- Done some progressive updates to my desk and room to make it nicer and nicer

- Completely re-done cable-management

Photos are coming in a few hours when I'm back from school.