Thinking of getting Black Ops 3. Worth getting?(on PC)

ManOfDisguise

I have come to realize that not many good FPS games came out this year and I actually did kind of enjoy BO3 from the beta and free MP weekend. The only thing I didn't really like was the maps. Some of them are straight up terrible.

However I was watchign the Co Optional podcast and there I did infact realize that Black Ops 3 might very well be the best shooter that came out this year. Others were either a dissapointment or not that great overall. Rainbow Six Siege is another contender but I play solo with randoms and I don't think I would like it that way on RSS.

I've been wanting a more casual MP experience for a while now and last time I bought and played a COD game was MW2 on PS3.

Do you guys think BO3 is worth getting on PC? The optimisation was fine for me and they have a dedicated team to PC and I trust Treyarch more than Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer/whoever else is making COD games when it comes to the PC version.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

First go on steam or what ever your gonna use and see how many people are playing it. Sadly pc games sometimes have so little people playing that its hard to find a game. I had the bo3 beta... never bought the game, went back to BO2

As a CS invite veteran, why not give Csgo a try ? It does have a hard learning curve. It's very different to cod series. I used to play cod but TBH I found COD in console a lot more fun than how it is in PC. Reason being is hackers. They're everywhere, consoles not so much.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

Id also recommend CSGO. Much cheaper, different game style and much better IMO. If you have any cod franchise game you basically have all of them already ;P

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Hey if you like COD then get it, its always been a fun game to play

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

As a CS invite veteran, why not give Csgo a try ? It does have a hard learning curve. It's very different to cod series. I used to play cod but TBH I found COD in console a lot more fun than how it is in PC. Reason being is hackers. They're everywhere, consoles not so much.

I'm tired of CS. Have 2k hrs on GO and also played 1.6 and Source a bit. Got to Global(dont find it a big achievment as I got there after the first big VAC wave) but CS is the last game I wana be playing now

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I'm tired of CS. Have 2k hrs on GO and also played 1.6 and Source a bit. Got to Global(dont find it a big achievment as I got there after the first big VAC wave) but CS is the last game I wana be playing now

I feel you man, been there also. I've heard that game Rainbow six Siege is pretty tempting. 

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

I feel you man, been there also. I've heard that game Rainbow six Siege is pretty tempting. 

Yeah I played the beta both closed and open however I didn't really enjoy playing it with randoms. But still, when the tactics are all well thought out and the plans work it can be pretty darn fun! It really is tempting! I might get Siege or BO3 I dunno yet :/

Specs of my PC:

No, not worth it. wait until major bug fix and enjoy.

When lives hand you lemon, suck them hard and post a selfie with it.

I didn't have time to read any comments above me, so sorry if I 'm repeating.

I'd recommend getting the game, it's a lot better than other recent Call of Duties, and it runs pretty well (people like to exaggerate about performance problems, the game is almost perfect graphically speaking). Campaign and zombies are a lot of fun and can be played alone or with up to 4 people, and multiplayer is nice as well, it feels really fast and fluid. The only drawbacks I have is that some weapons are still (they patch quickly though) a little overpowered and the community isn't the best one to be around.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

No, not worth it. wait until major bug fix and enjoy.

What bugs? I 'm genuinely curious because I play it a lot and can't really notice a lot of bugs, and friends of mine don't have any problems either.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

What bugs? I 'm genuinely curious because I play it a lot and can't really notice a lot of bugs, and friends of mine don't have any problems either.

Sorry, just updated the game and it works flawlessly. I always offline so I didn't upgrade my game frequently.

When lives hand you lemon, suck them hard and post a selfie with it.

I didn't have time to read any comments above me, so sorry if I 'm repeating.

I'd recommend getting the game, it's a lot better than other recent Call of Duties, and it runs pretty well (people like to exaggerate about performance problems, the game is almost perfect graphically speaking). Campaign and zombies are a lot of fun and can be played alone or with up to 4 people, and multiplayer is nice as well, it feels really fast and fluid. The only drawbacks I have is that some weapons are still (they patch quickly though) a little overpowered and the community isn't the best one to be around.

I looked at the player count on PC on steam and saw only about 20k online. Do you think I will be able to easily find full servers on this game even months later?

Specs of my PC: