Which OS Is best as of now

JohnnyIsHere

So this is my build http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/sGKj6h

Yeah so i upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop and i didn't really like it :l

Is it still in development or something like when will it be completed if it ain't.

So yeah what OS is best to go for atm.

Thanks Johnny

So this is my build http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/sGKj6h

Yeah so i upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop and i didn't really like it :l

Is it still in development or something like when will it be completed if it ain't.

So yeah what OS is best to go for atm.

Thanks Johnny

what don't you like about it

its really quit good

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

not in beta anymore. its awesome when you turn off all of the tracking stuff there are lots of videos that show you how

what don't you like about it

its really quit good

I forgot most of it but one thing was like the start menu wouldn't open.. and i searched for fixes but the only thing i could do to open my start menu again was to go back to windows 7.

not in beta anymore. its awesome when you turn off all of the tracking stuff there are lots of videos that show you how

tracking stuff?

I forgot most of it but one thing was like the start menu wouldn't open.. and i searched for fixes but the only thing i could do to open my start menu again was to go back to windows 7.

then you didn't do a clean install of 10

do a clean install and you won't really have any problems

then you didn't do a clean install of 10

do a clean install and you won't really have any problems

What do u mean clean install :o The thingy keeped telling me to upgrade and the whole thing downloaded :/

What do u mean clean install :o The thingy keeped telling me to upgrade and the whole thing downloaded :/

yea you did a dirty upgrade only

why you were having problems

I would recommend the Tek Syndicate version instead.

They use a powershell script to remove the junk instead of a shoddy third party program.

Not that I personally recommend windows.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I think that if you have Windows 7 or 8(.1), then you already have the OS that Windows 10 repackages, without the bloat and invasive monetization features that Microsoft has built into Windows 10.

Aside from the UI changes, the reduced-functionality start menu, the reduced control over how Windows handles updates, the reduced visual customization options, and the invasive data collection, Windows 10 is really just the same OS underneath it all as since Windows 7 (and largely also since Vista - although Vista critically lacks support for lots of modern hardware).

There are some minor new features in Windows 10, but nothing that's likely to change your usage of Windows. Even my favourites of the new features in Windows 10 (like being able to pause file copying) aren't likely to get used by me more than rarely, if ever. I've gone back to using Windows 7 for my main OS.

Windows 10 isn't faster for gaming or applications:

Windows 7 versus 8 versus 10 application performance:

http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/page3.html

Windows 10 versus 8 versus 7 gaming performance:

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1460〈=english

Windows 7 has the largest install base, and has received the most effort over a long period of time towards getting programs of all kinds and from all years to work smoothly on it. So it probably is the most reliable and consistently solid Windows experience available.

Look at what some videos of what's different in Windows 8.1 than Windows 7, and see which you like more. The differences between 7 and 8.1 are largely superficial, and if you like the interface of one more than the other, that's probably the one for you, and you'd otherwise probably have the exact same experience on either OS.

Also, whichever OS you go with, check out the links in my sig to (hopefully) permanently take care of data collection.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987