I have $200 for a GPU and a PSU

Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

Used 280 (not used for BTC mining) and an XFX or SeaSonic PSU (or a cheap EVGA).

any 280 owner selling that claims it wasn't used for mining probably used it for mining.

What GPU + PSU can I get for $200

Ships to Canada please

EDIT : I want shadow play

R9 380 2G + XFX 450/550W

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Used 280 (not used for BTC mining) and an XFX or SeaSonic PSU (or a cheap EVGA).

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

R9 380 2G + XFX 450/550W

I want shadow play m8

280 is shit, and i want shadow play

I want shadow play m8

280 is shit, and i want shadow play

Arrogant much? Use OBS.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Arrogant much? Use OBS.

nooooooooooooo

nooooooooooooo

Get the 380 and use OBS.

You shouldnt buy a Graphics card just because you want a single piece of software.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

First what are your current hardware specs?

i7 3770k

Really bad, potato, 460W power supply

Nvidia GT 620

I'd say spend $200 on a GPU

try to salvage a PSU

Any recommendations

Get the 380 and use OBS.

You shouldnt buy a Graphics card just because you want a single piece of software.

One, I want shadow play, two, I want shadow play, Three, I WANT SHADOW PLAY OKAY?????

?

AMD cards have gaming evolved/raptr which can also record your gameplay.  O.o 

wait wat how

i7 3770k

Really bad, potato, 460W power supply

Nvidia GT 620

Any recommendations

One, I want shadow play, two, I want shadow play, Three, I WANT SHADOW PLAY OKAY?????

?

OK you do realize that you have an i7... And I have heard that shadow play sucks...

You also sound like a 12yr old squeaker...

wait wat how

its worse then obs, and its still only on your CPU.

I have 2 280xs in crossfire.  AMD has this thing called gaming evolved.  It's the AMD version of raptr.  But, the point is!  Don't sacrifice performance for a single piece of sw that you can got for free.

It works with the GPU too, and he's acting like only Nvidia has capture sw.  OBS is probably better, though.

oh it works on the gpu too.. I just disable it, and I was more getting at an that he has an i7 so he wont notice a performance hit with using a cpu capture software anyways.

I have 2 280xs in crossfire.  AMD has this thing called gaming evolved.  It's the AMD version of raptr.  But, the point is!  Don't sacrifice performance for a single piece of sw that you can got for free.

It works with the GPU too, and he's acting like only Nvidia has capture sw.  OBS is probably better, though.

I still want shadow play m8, it's my opinion

OK you do realize that you have an i7... And I have heard that shadow play sucks...

You also sound like a 12yr old squeaker...

k bro, why don't you actually help by giving me suggestions on what I want

I still want shadow play m8, it's my opinion

k bro, why don't you actually help by giving me suggestions on what I want

I did help I said you have an i7, so you can stream from your cpu, and I was telling you to calm your tits about bad software.

I did help I said you have an i7, so you can stream from your cpu, and I was telling you to calm your tits about bad software.

And? I still can't do it because you didn't help me, at all

They did help you, you are overlooking the fact that your CPU has no issues with what you need it to do, OBS is better then shadowplay, the 380 is a better option, but http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Mc4dVn. Or you can look at the used market, I love team green, but AMD has better offerings at this price point.

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

So you have $200 and want only nvidia. Okay, look at what they have at that price point. Read reviews. Buy want you want. This thread is pointless cause youre either trolling or already have your mind made up and no matter what anyone recommends you wont want it.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

Ok let me help you get a new psu and a r9 380 then install obs there you go 

or do you not want me to tell you what to do were you just looking for people to say "ok get your 950 and 80+ gold certified psu have a nice day",

either way I dont think you need help, because you wont take the advice you were given, so I'm sorry we couldn't help support what you wanted have a nice day.

all in all you could help your self by going to pc part picker and picking a reputable psu and the gpu that fits into that budget, and not even have to ask us.

shadow play is buggy for me so I use OBS instead. If it is that tight then the only gpu and PSU I can think of is 750 ti and coolermaster v650 or v550 psu

Shadowplay is nothing to write home about. Tried it on my 860M (750 Ti rebrand). Prefer OBS

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Shadowplay is nothing great man its not anything you would think it is it didn't work great with my reference 770 or my friends 980 TI (2 way SLI but I doubt thats the issue) and we tried everything nothing helps it.  OBS on the other hand works great on my 770, my friends 980 TIs, and my brothers R9 390X (STRIX).  But if you really wanna go team green then you can pick up a 770 which is a good last gen GPU but runs great (I have the 4gb model but am upgrading) for around $175 US actually first search on ebay gave me http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GTX-770-Twin-FROZR-OC-Edition-2GB-256-Bit-GDDR5-PCI-3-0-/181963750592?hash=item2a5de27cc0:g:QzsAAOSwUdlWcYhz which is a 2GB Vram MSI Twin Frozr model with only 5 bids and 5 hours left and its only at $120.  Check you local craigslist too as where I live even though it is one of the least tech oriented cities in the US there is multiple sellings of 770s as for a PSU if you can get anything $25-$50 then your probably going to have to buy something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/750W-Gaming-120MM-Fan-Silent-ATX-Power-Supply-PSU-12V-/271229901254?hash=item3f268fd9c6:g:RxYAAMXQ855Rq86u .  I dont know for sure if modular is out of the equation for you but $200 and only wanting team green is a really narrow choice.  Another option is http://galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-960-EXOC-2GB_p_28.html which is a good 960 but really limiting your PSU actually I dont even know of many $20 PSUs.  If I may ask why do you want Shadowplay so bad?