Kailh Switch and Cherry Mx Switch

darumazz
Go to solution Solved by KaminKevCrew,

quality-wise Cherry is and has been for tens of years, unbeaten. You just can't get German build quality outside Germany, IMHO.

Bullshit. Gateron is on par with, if not better than cherry, in terms of quality (particularly of sliders) and reliability out of the box of clicky switches. Also, in a lot of ways, the rarer and less popular switches are better than cherry. E.g. Matias is quieter, for office environments, topre will last far, far longer than any cherry switch, etc.

In the case of strictly kailh vs cherry though, they are pretty similar, and they are absolutely compatible with each other. You can put a kailh slider in a cherry housing and vice versa. I like cherry more than kailh, but I also like gateron better than cherry.

Kailh switches are notoriously hit and miss. In some cases, you'll get a good board, where all the switches are consistent and awesome, but most of the time you'll have inconsistent feel between all of the switches.

For cherry, it's been looking like the blue switches are needing some breaking in. Other than that, you should be fine though.

Cherry mx are way way better

Cherry mx is somewhat better. It's hardly a gaping chasm between the quality.

What the diffrent between kailh & cherry mx....?

Which one more durable switch ?

And which one kailh switch similar likes cherry mx blue ?

cherry mx is quality german (over)engineering.

kailh is cheaper.

i dont think kailh has been around long enough for any real world scenario to compare to cherry's durability. (until recently i still had a 1990's cherry semi-mechanical keyboard, worked flawless)

If you want to make simplifications, you could say that Kaihl is a Chinese knock-off of Cherry. In reality, Kaihl isn't a newcomer to the switch-scene either and the switches are fine to say the least. They're by no means compatible with each other, patents make sure of that. But they're not far out either. If you've never tried mechanical keyboards, you won't be able to tell a Kaihl from a Cherry. But quality-wise Cherry is and has been for tens of years, unbeaten. You just can't get German build quality outside Germany, IMHO.

Ok i want explaining from CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i ....

I see some people ask about LED die after a few month  experience ?. it's that true ?

Ok i want explaining from CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-i ....

I see some people ask about LED die after a few month  experience ?. it's that true ?

I think it does, but it depends on the brightness level you decide to put on

quality-wise Cherry is and has been for tens of years, unbeaten. You just can't get German build quality outside Germany, IMHO.

Bullshit. Gateron is on par with, if not better than cherry, in terms of quality (particularly of sliders) and reliability out of the box of clicky switches. Also, in a lot of ways, the rarer and less popular switches are better than cherry. E.g. Matias is quieter, for office environments, topre will last far, far longer than any cherry switch, etc.

In the case of strictly kailh vs cherry though, they are pretty similar, and they are absolutely compatible with each other. You can put a kailh slider in a cherry housing and vice versa. I like cherry more than kailh, but I also like gateron better than cherry.

Kailh switches are notoriously hit and miss. In some cases, you'll get a good board, where all the switches are consistent and awesome, but most of the time you'll have inconsistent feel between all of the switches.

For cherry, it's been looking like the blue switches are needing some breaking in. Other than that, you should be fine though.

Cherry mx are way way better

Cherry mx is somewhat better. It's hardly a gaping chasm between the quality.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)