How Hard Is It To Install An SSD?

Khajiit Dealer
Go to solution Solved by techguru,

its impossible..only rocket scientists understand how to do it

I'm considering picking up a Samsung 850 500GB to store my games. I'm wondering how difficult it is to put an SSD into my computer compared to, say a graphics card.

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

I'm considering picking up a Samsung 850 500GB to store my games. I'm wondering how difficult it is to put an SSD into my computer compared to, say a graphics card.

Exactly like installing a regular hard drive.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

its like most easy thing you can do, just plug a sata cable into your motherboard and the other end of the sata cable into the ssd and connect sata power plug to ssd for your powersupply and you good to go.

PCPP http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vg96f7 CPU: Intel i7 4790K MoBo: Gigabyte Z97X S.O.C Ram: G.Skill 2x 8gb GPU: 2x AMD R9 290x in CrossFire SoundCard: Creative Sound Blaster z Case: NZXT H440 RED/BLK Storage: 2x Intel 520s 120gb Raid 0 + 2tb Seagate 7200 PSU: EVGA 1000W G2 Fully Modular Display: Samsung UHD 4K 28'' KeyBoard: Corsair K65 RGB Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T 7 Sound: Logitech z506 OS: Windows 10 TP

The hardest part is probably cable management.

Adults are just kids with bigger wallets.

~snip~

Hey there MrZany :)

Installing a SSD is pretty much the same as installing a HDD. It has a SATA port and a SATA power port which you connect with the proper cables, mount the drive in the case and configure just as if you are configuring a HDD. It's treated more or less the same. :) 
Have in mind that gaming relies on the storage's performance only for the loading times while fps and graphics are not affected at all. The only real benefit that you would see from storing your games on the SSD is faster initial loading times. 
I would move the OS (fresh install) along with the most demanding applications that can really benefit from the SSD on it for more performance gain and adding some real value as your system would become more responsive overall and perform better. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/