Looking for good LED 140mm case fans

Clydfrog

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a corsair 750D and I am looking for some nice LED case fans. I was looking at a mix of corsair af140 and SP140, but I heard they are very loud when compared to airflow.

I don't need near silence from them, but if anyone knows a good mix of performance to noise ratio?

LED fans are generally shit compared to the competition (aka Venturi/Vardar/Bequiet/Noctua fans)

I would just recommend standard fans and LED strips.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Venturi/Noctua/Bequiet are the way to go. Unless LED is a absolute must, then get those. Might I suggest a hue+ instead and some of the aforementioned fans instead?

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

af 140mm from corsair, they are quiet and look cool

post-85015-0-38474300-1450405710_thumb.j

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

LED fans are generally shit compared to the competition (aka Venturi/Vardar/Bequiet/Noctua fans)

Yeah this was one of my thoughts, still thinking though.  I like to research for a long time lol.

af 140mm from corsair, they are quiet and look cool

Are those the Quiet edition?  I have heard that the AF are pretty loud at full speed.  

Are those the Quiet edition?  I have heard that the AF are pretty loud at full speed.  

no they are the normal af and they are pretty quiet. I barely hear them when my ear is next to them

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

no they are the normal af and they are pretty quiet. I barely hear them when my ear is next to them

Everyone on this forum says they sound like Jet Engines lol.  I have a spare AF 120 I got with my case for free....ill test it out and see how it is...thanks! :D

I second this. In fact, it's the route I went with my new build. Venturi fans, with a Hue+ kit.

Bitfenix Spectre Pros come in LED versions.

Yeah I am checking them out.  They are lower DB, as well as much higher CFM than the Corsair fans.  Look to be a good hybrid.

I second this. In fact, it's the route I went with my new build. Venturi fans, with a Hue+ kit.

Thanks, yeah that is one of the methods I am not thinking of doing.  How do you like the HUE+?  I have been checking it out recently, and I know the original HUE had relatively low LED bulb density that caused it to not be as bright as just LED strips.

Thanks, yeah that is one of the methods I am not thinking of doing.  How do you like the HUE+?  I have been checking it out recently, and I know the original HUE had relatively low LED bulb density that caused it to not be as bright as just LED strips.

It's currently en route, so I can't give much of an opinion. :-)

It's currently en route, so I can't give much of an opinion. :-)

NP.  What is selling me on it so far is the software.  Looks really well thought out and relatively simple/Clean.  From the looks of it, the LEDs looked bright, hoping in person it maintains that look.

NP.  What is selling me on it so far is the software.  Looks really well thought out and relatively simple/Clean.  From the looks of it, the LEDs looked bright, hoping in person it maintains that look.

I watched a ton of videos, before taking the plunge. The software definitely looks to be well polished, which was a huge selling point for me.

I watched a ton of videos, before taking the plunge. The software definitely looks to be well polished, which was a huge selling point for me.

Exactly.  Looks really well thought out, I am really thinking of getting it.