Samsung Galaxy S6 Unsync google contacts?

shadowr1ku
Go to solution Solved by J/C,

I had the same problem before. Go to settings, "Personal", Accounts, Google, and then click the account you want, you should be able to customize what you want to sync. (Ex. contacts, chrome, docs etc...)
Also, for me It was my "My Verizon" backup causing the double contacts so I had to un-sync that then manually delete the duplicates.  

Hope this helps.

Hello Forum!

As the title says, I have a S6 edge. I am using the default Text message App and every time I want to text someone, the contact book shows doubles and sometimes triple of the same person.

Is there a way to unsync or delete those contacts? I tried going into the message settings but no luck, and even holding down the contact doesn't prompt anything.

Any suggestions would be great!

I had the same problem before. Go to settings, "Personal", Accounts, Google, and then click the account you want, you should be able to customize what you want to sync. (Ex. contacts, chrome, docs etc...)
Also, for me It was my "My Verizon" backup causing the double contacts so I had to un-sync that then manually delete the duplicates.  

Hope this helps.

Vulcan (Main): Intel Xeon E3-1241 V3 | MSI GTX 1060 Armor OC | G. Skill Sniper 16GB + 4GB @1600  | Crucial BX100 120GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB External Seagate Portable | EVGA 650 GQ | Cryorig H7 | NZXT Source 210 Elite

Carbon (Laptop): Lenovo ThinkPad x230 | Core i7 3520m | 8GB Memory (2x4GB)  | 180GB SSD, Sandisk Ultra 128GB SD Card