How was the year 2015 so far for You?

Crappy.

Really, really crappy.

Not too optimistic about next year (or really the next 4-5) as well.

2/10. Dad passed away. Got depressed and used food to help. Gained a bunch of weight. Reduced my depression. Got really depressed again. Drank some alcohol (way too much). Had to go to the ER and now everyone in my school knows about it. Grades are okay. Built 3 PC's. I don't know just a really shitty year I hope 2016 is better.

Spent 5 weeks in San Diego across 2 different trips, 4 weeks in Japan, bought my first brand new car (Fiesta ST), did some pretty sweet stuff at work including being a major contributor to a very high profile project, paid more in taxes than a lot of people earn in the entire year, and was able to give my family a good Christmas despite their money being really tight.

It's good to think about and list the good things that have happened. It can be easy to just remember the bad stuff that happened and have that over shadow the good.

After I dealt with the big events that happened in 2014 it was exactly as I had hoped to be, a year that I used to recover from all the stress and whatnot that happened in 2014, just getting the down time I needed and not having any massive life changing things happening. There is still allot to be done but the chaos is gone making everything so much easier and doable.

The first half was good. The second half however was pretty stressful and depressing - a friend passed away and the current semester is pretty hard. I don't have interest in most of the subjects too.

2014 was a much better year for me and I hope 2016 is too.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

My year sucked.

Almost died in an explosion (not kidding or exaggerating).

My sister was diagnosed with cancer and has been going through difficult treatments nearly daily for 4 months now.

Achievements-

Figured out a bit more of what to do with my life. So I got that going for me which is nice.

Self-diagnosed* myself with very probably Asperger Syndrome or some other 'high-functioning' autism. The reason I consider this an achievement because, whether I actually do or not, the 'help' stuff for people with AS is very helpful for me and thus my social stuff is improving.

*would like to make it clear that I haven't been properly diagnosed and therefore don't know for sure.

Loss-

I have a small family... Lost my grandmother who is one of the best people to ever live. One of the good ones...

Progress-

Getting some work done. None of it matters and I really don't give a sh*t, but it's something.

Commitments-

Helping my family.

Goals-

Get my life together next year. Unlike previous years I actually know what I want, know how to get it, and actually feel like working toward it. High hopes.

Education-

Realized I'm not gaining a damn thing from school and won't gain much from the colleges I was planning on going to. Life changes and now I'm only giving a moderate amount of my time to school (enough to pass with O.K. grade) and spending my time learning outside school (online classes mostly). Gaining a lot out of it and it's less stressful.

Love-

forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Acheivements:

nothing.

Loss:

nothing.

Progress:

I got better at graphis designing a bit? I think?

commitments:

I dunno

goals:

meh

education:

as ez pz as ever

Love:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/