Headset for PS4

Crowes

My PS4 has the standard earphone-microphone thing that comes in the box, but it's kinda quiet for what I want a headset for. Is there anything nice I can go for? Budget is about £100 ish.

I looked at the PS4 official headset, which I love aesthetically, but not sure if it has a mic with it.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

You're gonna be limited in your choices as lots of GOOD headsets require USB power. Your best bet is getting a wireless one that connects to your controller via 3.5mm jack. 

You could get a long USB extension cord but that's super messy solution. If you're only going to use it for chat audio, I would suggest just getting a single ear mic (like xbone) or earbuds. 

Perhaps get a really nice pair of ear buds that you can use with your phone and other things. 

I really don't get this whole 3.5mm jack on controllers, as most good headsets require USB power. Seems like the headset manufacturers need to figure out a way to take advantage of the jack on the remote while still getting usb power. 

Also consoles need a dedicated audio out!!

I actually really liked the official PS4 headset in the time I used it, it does indeed have a microphone 

Would you reccomend it?

I'm definitely leaning towards it, but I want to know how charging/quality goes.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Would you reccomend it?

I'm definitely leaning towards it, but I want to know how charging/quality goes.

I only used it at my friends house for a few hours or so playing F4, never charged it 

It was super comfortable, and felt solid for the most part 

Reviews seem to say its fine though 

My PS4 has the standard earphone-microphone thing that comes in the box, but it's kinda quiet for what I want a headset for. Is there anything nice I can go for? Budget is about £100 ish.

I looked at the PS4 official headset, which I love aesthetically, but not sure if it has a mic with it.

Dude get Hyperx Cloud II's I use them with my ps4 and they work perfectly, even the virtual surround sound works through the USB. The comfort is top notch and a microphone is much much better than the one that comes with the ps4 headset...just get the cloud 2s, you wont regret it. plus you can get them cheap enough on amazon

The offical PS Gold Headset or whatever its called is quite good for the money.  What I did was I just bought a Astro Mixamp Pro and used the headset that I use for my PC.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Hyper X cloud 1 or 2, heard nothing but good things.

I don't know why headsets are ridiculously expensive, people just get a box, put the label "gaming" and overprice it,