there are so many x99 MSI mainboards for arround the same price. Which one should I get?

Karavusk

And what is the main difference?

X99A SLI PLUS (cheapest one with no fancy soundcard)

X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION

X99A GAMING 7

X99A MPOWER

First of all I want a MSI mainboard because I really dislike the look of Asus, Gigabyte and Asrock. MSI just

looks the best for me. Which one should I get? What is "the best" one because the price isnt that

different and I am willing to pay a bit more for "the best" one.

I dont even understand the differences... :C

edit: I am talking about the USB 3.1 version of all these boards.

if i recall right the mpower has the better power delivery for top notch overclocks, the krait has awesome aesthetics too.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

And what is the main difference?

X99S SLI PLUS (cheapest one with no fancy soundcard)

X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION

X99A GAMING 7

X99A MPOWER

First of all I want a MSI mainboard because I really dislike the look of Asus, Gigabyte and Asrock. MSI just

looks the best for me. Which one should I get? What is "the best" one because the price isnt that

different and I am willing to pay a bit more for "the best" one.

I dont even understand the differences... :C

edit: I am talking about the USB 3.1 version of all these boards.

Krait.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

SLI is for mainstream use.

Krait is cause it looks cool.

Gaming 7 for its gaming features.

MPower for Overclocking.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

SLI is for mainstream use.

Krait is cause it looks cool.

Gaming 7 for its gaming features.

MPower for Overclocking.

I found that much out myself but what does that mean besides from marketing?

It looks like the Gaming 7 has the best soundcard (does creative sound blaster cinema 2 only run with

the gaming one? Only the Gaming 7 said something about it on the MSI side).

nvm the MPower, Gaming 7 and Krait all have the Realtek ALC1150 in it, the sli plus a Realtek ALC892

After looking at all 4 of them (besides from the sli plus) they all have identical power and stuff in them... only the lan port

is different and the look. Ok the krait is missing the little screen for the error code number but thats all. You can even see the free

space where they left it out...

So... I am probably going for the Krait one. Seems to be the same as the other ones and looks cooler

while the sli plus one is a little bit "worse" I think.

Thanks for your help guys anyway

I found that much out myself but what does that mean besides from marketing?

It looks like the Gaming 7 has the best soundcard (does creative sound blaster cinema 2 only run with

the gaming one? Only the Gaming 7 said something about it on the MSI side).

nvm the MPower, Gaming 7 and Krait all have the Realtek ALC1150 in it, the sli plus a Realtek ALC892

After looking at all 4 of them (besides from the sli plus) they all have identical power and stuff in them... only the lan port

is different and the look. Ok the krait is missing the little screen for the error code number but thats all. You can even see the free

space where they left it out...

So... I am probably going for the Krait one. Seems to be the same as the other ones and looks cooler

while the sli plus one is a little bit "worse" I think.

Thanks for your help guys anyway

You're more than welcome :) 

I my self picked the Z170 Krait for a friend build of mine.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240