Minecraft Server issues

LahryMusic
Go to solution Solved by d3sl91,

Ik that port forwarding is done on the router. Im referring to the vpn service on windows 10.

I would invest your time in port forwarding. Using any VPN will greatly increase problems, lag, and issues. Windows VPN will need to have VPN server software installed on another computer (and,....port forwarding!)

So I keep getting a reached end of stream error. Server has 8 GB of ram and when ever some logs on they fall through the map. The internet connection is 15 up and 7 down. So what could be causing this problem? 

You get what you pay for.- Me

That internet speed isn't too great, but check all the file sizes to make sure nothing is corrupted.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

So I keep getting a reached end of stream error. Server has 8 GB of ram and when ever some logs on they fall through the map. The internet connection is 15 up and 7 down. So what could be causing this problem? 

Is the server or client giving the error?

I can log in just fine and when someone logs the server says socket closed.

The internet connection is perfectly fine

it looks to be some configuration issue in the server file

did you set "server ip" to your computer's IP address?

did you set the port to the same port you port-forwarded on your router?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The internet connection is perfectly fine

it looks to be some configuration issue in the server file

did you set "server ip" to your computer's IP address?

did you set the port to the same port you port-forwarded on your router?

@Enderman I am using Hamachi which granted is buggy. I'm using the Yogscast Server pack. They say that the reached end of stream error is related to not enough ram but 8 GB should be enough.

@Enderman I am using Hamachi which granted is buggy. I'm using the Yogscast Server pack. They say that the reached end of stream error is related to not enough ram but 8 GB should be enough.

well im pretty sure that all servers have a properties file

that's where you need to set your computer's IP address (the 192.168.x.y one) and set the port to 25565 (it shoudl be 25565 by default though)

i used hamachi a long time ago and it was a pain

port forwarding, once you figure out how to access your router settings, if far easier, lower latency, and less problems

i can't really help you with hamachi though since i dont have it on my PC, sorry :(

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

well im pretty sure that all servers have a properties file

that's where you need to set your computer's IP address (the 192.168.x.y one) and set the port to 25565 (it shoudl be 25565 by default though)

i used hamachi a long time ago and it was a pain

port forwarding, once you figure out how to access your router settings, if far easier, lower latency, and less problems

i can't really help you with hamachi though since i dont have it on my PC, sorry :(

@Enderman I tried port forwarding and it didnt work. Not sure what the reason was but i spent way to much time troubleshooting it. Could I use the Windows vpn option?

@Enderman I tried port forwarding and it didnt work. Not sure what the reason was but i spent way to much time troubleshooting it. Could I use the Windows vpn option?

no, port forwarding is done on the modem/router, not on windows

there are tons of tutorials on youtube how to port forward but every router is different so you will have to look around for yourself a bit

if you can access and log into your router from your PC that's a good start, try that

and btw there will be problems if you PC is connected through multiple devices, such as a router, then to another router

you want PC -> modem ->landline

nothing between PC and modem

Spoiler

no, port forwarding is done on the modem/router, not on windows

there are tons of tutorials on youtube how to port forward but every router is different so you will have to look around for yourself a bit

if you can access and log into your router from your PC that's a good start, try that

and btw there will be problems if you PC is connected through multiple devices, such as a router, then to another router

you want PC -> modem ->landline

nothing between PC and modem

Ik that port forwarding is done on the router. Im referring to the vpn service on windows 10.

I would invest your time in port forwarding. Using any VPN will greatly increase problems, lag, and issues. Windows VPN will need to have VPN server software installed on another computer (and,....port forwarding!)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Ok well, Im pretty experienced but i wasn't sure why it would work. I had the right port and protocol. And the proper Ip Address but if you weren't on the network you couldn't connect. I wasnt sure if there were any trick to minecraft server hosting

Just figured out what I was doing wrong. I wasnt giving out my public ip address. I was giving out my lan address. silly...just silly

Just figured out what I was doing wrong. I wasnt giving out my public ip address. I was giving out my lan address. silly...just silly

Sweet! It does seem to end up being those silly problems. 

You can also now use something like no-ip.com to give out an easier address. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Sweet! It does seem to end up being those silly problems. 

You can also now use something like no-ip.com to give out an easier address. 

Is it fairly easy to use? I've sign up and downloaded the client.