R9 fury driver crash.

VredinLad
Go to solution Solved by VredinLad,

Installed the driver from the disk i got with the purchase and the driver seems to be stable now, i guess the new drivers are just not optimized for this card yet...

Good day everyone, i was wondering if anyone could help me fix my pc.

2 months ago i got my very first AMD Gpu and i am already having problems with it, after i installed the new Crimson driver it seems that every Black ops 3 match i play the driver just stops working for a second.

this makes the game completely unplayable and hella annoying.

i have tried to fix it by re-installing the driver, installing older drivers and scan my game for any missing files but nothing has helped so far.

i would really appreciate it if someone could help me :)

this is the hardware i'm using:

-intel i5-4670k@ 4,20GHz

-ASUS TUF Gryphon Z87

-ASUS R9 Fury

-8GB Crucial Ballistix ram

-Windows 8.1

Well my r9 290x (one and a half years ago) would have the drivers crash after 5 mins of turning my PC on but it was fixed by using a older driver :P (13.4 was the newest at the time but I used 13.2 as it was the only stable driver) but when 14.12 omega came (still using it) it ran flawlessly but you have said you tried older drivers...

try beta drivers and does any other game crash or is it a black ops 3 only issue?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Not meaning to be rude but issues like this are exactly why I got rid of my AMD cards. I just wanted something that would work a described and not have to  wait a month for a game ready driver.

The only thing I can suggest is rolling back to a previous driver.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Well my r9 290x (one and a half years ago) would have the drivers crash after 5 mins of turning my PC on but it was fixed by using a older driver :P (13.4 was the newest at the time but I used 13.2 as it was the only stable driver) but when 14.12 omega came (still using it) it ran flawlessly but you have said you tried older drivers...

try beta drivers and does any other game crash or is it a black ops 3 only issue?

It happens every match in BO3 and sometimes while playing GTA5, it could be the game just being weird but it didn't happen before i updated to the 15.11.1 driver.

Had a similar issue with Armored Warfare. I'm on 15.11.1

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Did you use DDU before installing the Crimson drivers? I had issues with Crimson when I didn't use DDU beforehand.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Did you use DDU before installing the Crimson drivers? I had issues with Crimson when I didn't use DDU beforehand.

I used AMD Clean Uninstall Utility, you think it will make a difference?

There is a DDU that is meant for Crimson, make sure you have the latest version of DDU and it should help.

I just want to point out Asus sucks.

I will now show myself out

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

There is a DDU that is meant for Crimson, make sure you have the latest version of DDU and it should help.

Downloaded and used DDU, didn't work, the driver still crashes. :(

Sorry, not totally surprising as the Crimson drivers have been, less than reliable. I was really figuring we'd have a update by this point. Hopefully they get it smoothed out soon.

I guess ill just have to wait, its not the end of the world though :P, thanks anyways for the support :)

Does it happen in any other game?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Sometimes in GTA5 after a while. (multiplayer)

What are your temps when it happens? Asus coolers are made for silence and not maximum cooling and it's possible you might be overheating.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

is this information of any use? 

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-12-14T22:23:28.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>15008</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>Aaron-PC</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>blackops3.exe</Data>
  <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
  <Data>5653fb87</Data>
  <Data>blackops3.exe</Data>
  <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
  <Data>5653fb87</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>000000000067a154</Data>
  <Data>1a4</Data>
  <Data>01d136bdd48a907f</Data>
  <Data>E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\blackops3.exe</Data>
  <Data>E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\blackops3.exe</Data>
  <Data>4c6ac6ca-a2b1-11e5-beb6-74d02bc805b4</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

make sure you are running Saphire's Trixxx software to control your fans, for some reason the default profile on the fury cards lets the card get to 75c +, create a custom fan curve on Trixxx and you can keep the card in the low 50's and it still be very quiet.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/catapage_tech.asp?cataid=291〈=eng

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

What are your temps when it happens? Asus coolers are made for silence and not maximum cooling and it's possible you might be overheating.

Temps are at a stable 70℃  and below while in-game (BO3), note that the game does not crash but the driver does :S

It also crashed during the warthunder in-game benchmark at 50℃ 

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the driver from the disk i got with the purchase and the driver seems to be stable now, i guess the new drivers are just not optimized for this card yet...