good racing game

imperialplanet

What is a good racing game to get? I've been in the mood to play a good racing game.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

depends on what kind. racing sims or arcade?

it doesnt really bother me which one. 

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

NOT The Crew, it's a waste of money for 30 dollars as they still charge micro transactions on you after buying the game.

Wait for NFS 2015/16 as it's going back to it's roots with Underground 2/MW/Carbon/ProStreet. 

it doesnt really bother me which one. 

pcars

rfactor 1/2

iracing (mostly online)

dirt rally

burnout paradise

simbin games (pretty old, but still great - look for the simbin bundle)

grid 1/2/autosport 

nfs 2015 (not out on pc yet)

f1 games 

DiRT 1, Richard Burns Rally, DiRT Rally, Test Drive Unlimited, Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed.

All fun driving games.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

i love dirt rally but it's VERY hard...especially at first.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

forza horizon 1&2, need for speed 2015, forza motorsport 3-6. not including the first 2 cause i'm pretty sure they don't have clutch.

the games il personally be getting are

dirt rally

need for speed

project cars 2

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

Project Cars , Asseto Corsa , Dirt and The Crew

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHZ | MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme V Eatx LGA2011-3 | RAM: 16.00GB DDR4 G-Skills Ripjaws @2400Mhz | GPU: 2x Gtx 980 | CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 | STORAGE: 400GB INTEL 750 Series PCI-E SSD/ 3TB Western Digital WDC | PSU: Corsair AXi 1200w | DISPLAYS: ASUS PB287Q (3840x2160@60Hz) And LG27MU67 (3840x2160@60Hz)

Define "good racing game". 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

For Simulators I recommend Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa. But you should have a decent racing wheel with force feedback to get all out of them.

For more arcadey racing check out GRID or GRID Autosports. They are kind of a mix between sim and arcade racing.

For full on arcade racing check out Driver San Francisco. It also has a pretty cool 70s style car cop show story with a cool twist that combines with game mechanic. And to date this game has given the best feeling of racing through heavy traffic. The same that you see in movies or game trailers but no other game really lives up to that. It doesn't look that good even for it's release date but it runs well and is lots of fun.

And some extra mentions. Track Mania Stadium is a really cool precision driving game that can very well be played on keyboard. And GTA V Online has lots of races. If you are OK with the dirty driving that goes on there.

For simulators I recommend you Live For Speed. Has the best driving physics in any simulation racing game I played but it's damn expensive... But it's worth it. Also RACE 07 is a good game, but dunno to which genre of racing does it belong to [emoji1]

For Simulators I recommend Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa. But you should have a decent racing wheel with force feedback to get all out of them.

For more arcadey racing check out GRID or GRID Autosports. They are kind of a mix between sim and arcade racing.

For full on arcade racing check out Driver San Francisco. It also has a pretty cool 70s style car cop show story with a cool twist that combines with game mechanic. And to date this game has given the best feeling of racing through heavy traffic. The same that you see in movies or game trailers but no other game really lives up to that. It doesn't look that good even for it's release date but it runs well and is lots of fun.

And some extra mentions. Track Mania Stadium is a really cool precision driving game that can very well be played on keyboard. And GTA V Online has lots of races. If you are OK with the dirty driving that goes on there.

ayy someone else recommending driver

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Asseto Corsa

Intel i5 4760k - Gigabyte GTX 970 - Samsung EVO SSD

Moto 360 2 Smartwatch - Macbook Air 13 Inch - Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - Senheiser Momentum Heaphones

Are you using a wheel or controller?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Are you using a wheel or controller?

controller

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

ayy someone else recommending driver

Yea, the latest Driver game is really good. I was really surprised by it. When I played it for a few hours i thought that I'll just finish the story and that's it. But after the story I still doubled the game time I had with it. And it's also the kind of game that I might pick up and play few years from now.

Uplay sucks tough. Got kicked from the game a few times(singelplayer). And lots of forced pause screens telling me that I can't upload screenshots because Uplay is having problems. This is one of the reasons why I started boycotting games using uplay.

NOT The Crew, it's a waste of money for 30 dollars as they still charge micro transactions on you after buying the game.

Wait for NFS 2015/16 as it's going back to it's roots with Underground 2/MW/Carbon/ProStreet. 

Depends where you get it from, I got it for like 10$ off G2A season pass, And then 15 for the wild run. Sure the games not the best, but its not THAT bad