[US Newegg] PNY GeForce GTX 970 $289.99 after $40MIR

PlayStation 2

Guys, this argument is stupid. Yes, by a technical definition rebates aren't "deals" because they do require the money upfront, and it's technically a gamble. But they DO save people money, so why does that technical definition really matter so much to you? Lets be honest, any purchase, or sale is a gamble with or without rebates. You run the risk that the item may never get to you, even from a reputable company like Amazon, just ask @iamdarkyoshi You also run the risk that someone could steal it off your front porch when the package is delivered, or that the component will die immediately after the warranty is up, and plenty of other things that could happen. You just gotta decide if the gamble is worth it to you. And to those saying that someone who doesn't do rebates, doesn't deserve a good deal, that's just stupid as well. There are plenty of ways to find good deals on products, you just gotta find a way that's right for you. I personally used no rebates when I bought the components for my first build, and I still found ways to save a lot of money.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Guys, this argument is stupid. Yes, by a technical definition rebates aren't "deals"

Lol, atleast someone gets it.

PNY  is potato 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I mean, if you can't afford the full price in the first point, you aren't going to be able to get the rebate. Really it's a company saying, you can save the money, but we know most of you are too lazy to go and mail it in, so we're still making full profit anyway.

I think rebates are mostly so you can't return the card back to the store you bought it from since you need to send in the upc.

I think rebates are mostly so you can't return the card back to the store you bought it from since you need to send in the upc.

That is one effect, but I doubt it's the primary motivation for mail-ins. Even Newegg doesn't take returns after 30 days, or exchanges for a different model ever. And all but 1 of the rebates I've submitted need to be postmarked by 30 days from the purchase date. So there's not really any loss there.