USB DAC <50 dollars?

potoooooooo

What USB DACs (NO AMP) do you suggest for under 50 dollars?

Any options that don't involve DIY, and are readily available in the USA?

Edit: Using to clean up noise going to a headphone amp

There's no point, unless you can give us a reason why you're looking for such a cheap DAC.

There's no point, unless you can give us a reason why you're looking for such a cheap DAC.

Because that's my budget?

Because that's my budget?

Do you hear audible noise?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I seriously have to wonder if all this "noisy onboard" is not just due to bad drivers. My onboard is silent and I have the default Windows drivers installed.

Yea, when i'm playing audio.

/s

Yes, when little is happening their is a decent amount of noise

I seriously have to wonder if all this "noisy onboard" is not just due to bad drivers. My onboard is silent and I have the default Windows drivers installed.

No, it's due to my onboard amp feeding my external amp, amplifying the otherwise unnoticeable noise when no audio is being played. It's actually quite irritating.

Yea, when i'm playing audio.

/s

Yes, when little is happening their is a decent amount of noise

No, it's due to my onboard amp feeding my external amp, amplifying the otherwise unnoticeable noise when no audio is being played. It's actually quite irritating.

What's this external amp you're using?

What is the model of your motherboard?

That's actually been on the top of my list. Seems very high quality (casing wise, and IO wise) for 25 dollars.

What's this external amp you're using?

What is the model of your motherboard?

I'm using a Pete Millet Butte, with a Z-97 Pro from Asus

I doubt it.

Any motherboard with 5.1 out should have a line-out option available through the back panel. You may just need to switch it through the drivers.

I doubt it.

Any motherboard with 5.1 out should have a line-out option available through the back panel. You may just need to switch it through the drivers.

I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm already using line out through my motherboard

Edit: I get what you're saying now. This still isn't helping me find a Dac, which i'd like to have anyway.

I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm already using line out through my motherboard

Edit: I get what you're saying now. This still isn't helping me find a Dac, which i'd like to have anyway.

It's a great way to waste money. But if you're down with that sort of thing, the DAC linked upthread should make bits come out as voltages at the other end.