South Park: Stick of Truth - Do I need to know the TV Show?

ApolloEleven

Hello.

I bought South Park: Stick of Truth and waiting for it to finish downloading (slow aussie internet) and just wondering do I need to know a bit about the show to enjoy this game or the references? I do know what South Park is ofcourse but I only watched like one or two episodes ever and some memes over the internet, maybe by enjoying this game I may start binge watching South Park episodes during the holidays.

So what do you think of the game? Should I watch the TV episodes first or start with the game?

Thanks!

PS: In contrast I watched every episode of The Simpsons  :P

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

No

PS: Simpsons sucks

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

The game is funny anyways, you will have fun even if you don't know the tv show but i feel its a 100 times better wen you understand the different references and jokes about the caracters

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

No

Because subjective humour doesn't exist.

Don't be a nob towards opinions. I personally think that South Park has the most boring, repetitive type of humour.

Because subjective humour doesn't exist.

Don't be a nob towards opinions. I personally think that South Park has the most boring, repetitive type of humour.

Sorry mate, I was just joking. No need to get salty.

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

Nah, I'm sure you'll still enjoy it. You'll enjoy it more if you know the south park backstory but I don't think it's necessary.

I haven't even watched a single episode of southpark, just snippets on youtube, and I thoroughly enjoyed a walkthrough of the game.

Sorry mate, I was just joking. No need to get salty.

If you're going to make a joke that could be misinterpreted, use /jk

subjective humour doesn't exist.

He is just messing with me, that's all

I do want to say that I don't watch The Simpsons for humour, I watch it for those heartfelt moments.

e.g. Episode 578 (Season 27, Ep 4)

No

If you're going to make a joke that could be misinterpreted, use /jk

I could easily tell he was joking.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.