Internet Explorer - Is it that bad??

I use Google Chrome allot but I have used IE11 quite a bit to find out that it isn't that bad or is it just me? Why are people complaining about it so much? It is responsive and simplistic which I admire and I am pretty sure other people do too.

For the average user, can someone point out why it is so bad?

previous IEs were terrible. i couldn't say that for IE11 though. 

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

They made it a bit better, but I still wouldn't use it. It was utterly terrible a few years ago though.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

It is very slow with flash, takes up nearly as much as chrome in ram usage even though chrome has many more features. The theme support isnt very good and there arent as many advanced plugins. Its easy to hack into. Something like chrome also has the feature of making your bookmarks and favorites to your account so that its the same on many computers. Also firefox and chrome start faster than it.I remember a test which shows that it didnt win at anything. Its middle of the bunch for everything, its like trying to do extreme overclocking and using a £10 cooler, its not the worse but its not the best by a big margin.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i would just like to throw this here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9FAOPBiDk

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Well it's slower than the other browses, no plugin support, not updated regularly unlike the other browsers and all of those god damn browser toolbars install into it and are a pain to get rid off :/

It's not very secure.

Come on, it's Microsoft. How wouldn't it be insecure? And how can you say?

I am talking about the average user, who won't be using plugins (where Firefox dominates anyway), themes and etc.

Basically. Internet explorer is slowly getting better. IE 11 actually isn't that bad. But Just like Norton they got a bad reputation and are going to forever be digging themselves out of that whole.

(please note I said it "isn't that bad") 

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

People are just being narrow-minded as usual, and spouting nonsense about things they do not understand - only things they've "heard". IE6/7/8 were not great browsers, but ever since IE9, it has actually been greatly improved and I would actually use IE11 over Firefox if I had to chose between them.

Cheers,

Linus

I use Google Chrome allot but I have used IE11 quite a bit to find out that it isn't that bad or is it just me? Why are people complaining about it so much? It is responsive and simplistic which I admire and I am pretty sure other people do too.

For the average user, can someone point out why it is so bad?

I use it concurrently with firefox. In fact, I always keep both of them open. I like keeping all my live and social accounts logged in IE11, and I use FF for general web browsing.

I've converted a couple of people to IE, and they're happy with it. They're definitely not power users, so I can say that casual PC users can use IE11 happily with no complaints.

Yes. Limited and crap extensions/plug-ins and no mobile device syncing (except for with WP, which no one uses) make it shit.

/thread

By the way, I'd like to make the point that extensions for Chrome are better than the extensions for Firefox.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

By the way, I'd like to make the point that extensions for Chrome are better than the extensions for Firefox.

That, sir, is certainly the indisputable truth.

Cheers,

Linus

Unlike popular beliefs, the recent version of IE is pretty good and fairly competitive with the market today in terms of security and performance.

The big issue that IE has, is the lack of features. It pretty much a bare-bone full experience web browser.

Unlike popular beliefs, the recent version of IE is pretty good and fairly competitive with the market today in terms of security and performance.

The big issue that IE has, is the lack of features. It pretty much a bare-bone full experience web browser.

I'd just like to point out that if you're a web developer Internet Explorer is hideously inefficient and annoying to work with. Even the most simple things such as a navigation banner need to be coded differently to work with IE than they do with any other browser.

Internet Explorer is still slower than its competition, arguably less secure (when you consider add-ons available for each browser), a pain in the ass to develop for, doesn't handle multiple tabs or windows very well and has a pretty awful downloads manager.

It's improved, but it's certainly not on par with the competition in my opinion.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Security and performance are still lackluster compared to other browsers.

This is an article directed at developers, not users, and it doesn't change the fact that extensions of Chome are better. This guy is clearly biased as well.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers