What extra fan for S340

SnipingBow
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

After reading a bit online people seem to also be suggesting these : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8X13526398&ignorebbr=1&_ga=1.106590272.233597604.1447873261

What do you think? Ty for your answers really appreciate it

those are even better quality

i didnt mention it though because i thought they were more expensive

but if you can afford two of those it would be great :)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/N3x94D

What extra fan should I get for the S340? I only have a budget for 1 more fan (30$ MAX) and honestly I don't know if I need it. The S340 comes with 2 already, and I wont be overclocking.

I read that for the S340 SP fans would be the best option?

Also what is the perfect way to set them up ?  I was thinking : 

1 stock in front

1 SP in front (Extra)

1 in the back (exhaust)

Also should I buy a dust filter for the top opening? Any cheap ones I can buy?

what is the budget...

"1 fan" is not a budget

some fans are $2 other fans are $40

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

what is the budget...

"1 fan" is not a budget

some fans are $2 other fans are $40

I am guessing like 30$ including tax (CAD $)

I am guessing like 30$ including tax (CAD $)

get two fractal design 140mm fans for the front of your case

they are about $15ea at ncix

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just to help a bit with the airflow thing...

I currently have two 140mm fans as intakes in the front of my S340, one 120mm in the back as exhaust, and... that's it. It works very well. The filter on the front collects a fair amount of dust (just cleaned it for the first time in several months a few weeks ago and it was caked on there pretty good). 

If you want to cover the top just to increase positive pressure and prevent any falling dust from getting in there, you could go buy a bit of cheap, thin, flexible magnet from a crafts store or something, and cut it to fit the top.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Just to help a bit with the airflow thing...

I currently have two 140mm fans as intakes in the front of my S340, one 120mm in the back as exhaust, and... that's it. It works very well. The filter on the front collects a fair amount of dust (just cleaned it for the first time in several months a few weeks ago and it was caked on there pretty good). 

If you want to cover the top just to increase positive pressure and prevent any falling dust from getting in there, you could go buy a bit of cheap, thin, flexible magnet from a crafts store or something, and cut it to fit the top.

Oh alright thanks for your advice!

What are your normal temps just so I can get an idea? (if you have similar pc)

Are you talking about these?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/fractal-design-silent-series-r2-ea-71009-1241.htm?affiliateid=7474144

Also no need for static pressure since the front is ''closed''?

yeah, or the new fractal design fans, but i think those might be more expensive

idk if NCIX has them, maybe amazon.ca does

you dont need high static pressure fans, airflow fans work fine

Spoiler

Oh alright thanks for your advice!

What are your normal temps just so I can get an idea? (if you have similar pc)

My temps are <60c across the board under load, but I have an AMD system currently, which runs hotter than Intel.

Also, I wouldn't worry about pressure or anything too much. The front of the case allows quite a bit of air to be drawn in. I'm just running two 140mm BitFenix Spectre Pros, and while I'm sure there are better fans out there, they get the job done for me.

S340 is a great airflow case to begin with, so you should be good with just about anything.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

yeah, or the new fractal design fans, but i think those might be more expensive

idk if NCIX has them, maybe amazon.ca does

you dont need high static pressure fans, airflow fans work fine

My temps are <60c across the board under load, but I have an AMD system currently, which runs hotter than Intel.

Also, I wouldn't worry about pressure or anything too much. The front of the case allows quite a bit of air to be drawn in. I'm just running two 140mm BitFenix Spectre Pros, and while I'm sure there are better fans out there, they get the job done for me.

S340 is a great airflow case to begin with, so you should be good with just about anything.

After reading a bit online people seem to also be suggesting these : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8X13526398&ignorebbr=1&_ga=1.106590272.233597604.1447873261

Spoiler

got one of them 1 thx a lot :)

I have two of these in my s340. They're considered to be pretty high-end.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KF7O58G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I've tested the system with and without the fans. Fans make no difference to my 980ti or 6700k.