My pc is not working AT ALL need help.

superjuddy

Well let me begin by stating that I've been troubleshooting this mess since 6 am when I woke up and have just recently given up trying random things to fix it before i brake everything else.

Now to begin the long story of how this giant mess happened and what ive tryed to fix it.

Last night I was gaming and watching something on my second monitor and out of nowhere my monitors go black and a couple seconds later my sound in my headphones turn off.

(for some reason my pc doesn't restart or shut down leading me to need to hold the power button on my case to turn it off whenever I want to turn it off, *it's been that way since I got the computer from iBuyPower last year plz don't hate for prebuilt i was a stupid child who knew little about computers ;'(*) so the fans were still spinning and everything, I figured I just needed to restart the pc so I held the power button and then turned it back on. and it didnt even post, the fans spin up but the pc didn't post anything at all to the monitor. 

Now that the initial event is out of the way ill tell you what ive done trying to fix it.  I've taken out the varying ram I had in there *2x4gb corsair xms 1333mhz and adata xpg 1866mhz(only just realized the adata was 1866) and put in the ram sticks individually to see if that was the issue, so when I would put in a single 4gb stick of my adata ram the pc would boot up and post the press f2 or del to open uefi bios so i did that and tried downclocking my ram overclock but i froze just as i got down to the ram section of asrocks oc utility. and that kept persisting every time i would try to fix anything which i kept doing that whole night until the pc stopped posting at all.

This morning I have tried cleaning my gpu out thoroughly using old gpus from old pcs that i took apart when we moved (they spun but still no post) and even took off my asetek water cooler to see if my chip was burnt (checked gpu as well and nothing I could tell) I tried some ram i didn't use in this system (hynix) that I had in my random pc components box and that doesn't work either. trying to get my friend to bring over a hard drive to test if that's the issue. 

Sorry its so long I just wanted to be as thorough as possible so you guys can help me. 

All in all this has led me to thinking that my motherboard might be broken (my fans spin and light up so probably not my psu or mobo) or that my hdd might be fuckd (pretty old hdd thats gone through my brothers pc he had in like 2012 and my sisters computer which she suffocated the psu on carpet with and now this one since i fucked up my own hard drive by messing with it which i dont do anymore) maybe cpu but idk.

Specs are in my profile but ill list here for help as well, asrock fatal1ty 990fx killer mobo, fx 6300 cpu power color pcs+ r9 270x gpu seagate barracuda 1tb hard drive thermaltake smart m850w psu and asus vs228h-p

I'm guessing it's the board. The amount of computers that won't post with asrock boards that come into the shop is ridiculous, I'm always having to swap out broken asrock boards but usually it's only the really cheap ones not the higher end ones. 

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

I'm guessing it's the board. The amount of computers that won't post with asrock boards that come into the shop is ridiculous, I'm always having to swap out broken asrock boards but usually it's only the really cheap ones not the higher end ones. 

Should I try and rma it since I got it like last year?

Should I try and rma it since I got it like last year?

It's worth a shot.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

I should've described it better :(

It's not a good PSU. It probably fried the motherboard or something.

Thanks for clarifying :) how would I go about checking to see if the motherboard is fried? and could I rma the board or is that out of warranty :P

Thanks for clarifying :) how would I go about checking to see if the motherboard is fried? and could I rma the board or is that out of warranty :P

If you can get a different PSU then could probably see if it's dead. Chances are if it is, and if it's in warranty, then you could RMA it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

If you can get a different PSU then could probably see if it's dead. Chances are if it is, and if it's in warranty, then you could RMA it.

I'll try and get my older brother to lend me his psu and do that.

That does sound like a mobo issue.

You report that it did sort of boot, but froze when you removed or swapped out some ram. Does it guarantee sort of boot if you do that?