How to ask to right amount of money for a website?

h3rm3s

I would have done it for free for a family member but whatever. I would say like $30. Maybe you could get a cut of ad revenue?

When I was in school/college I would make simple HTML websites and I generally priced them by the page at around £20-£30 per page. When I did PC repairs, network installs etc I would charge £15 per hour.

Hourly rates might seem great but when working away from the client its on you to prove something did take you as long as you stated and lacking experience most tasks will take you longer than a professional software engineer.

Really right now you should be more concerned with getting the experience and learning while making a bit of money on the side. Also be careful what you are making especially with server-side languages. If you produce websites that have vulnerabilities in them and a client gets their site hacked or data stolen they could come after you for providing them with a vulnerable site.

I generally charged 400euro for a webshop, and 100 for a simple presentation site with a couple of pages and maybe a contact form. This included a CMS with a Webshop component fully configured for the customer, any custom features, and a PDF to HTML implementation, I would build the website someone designed in Illustrator. Using a CMS made it easy, but the template took a lot of time, pointless time.

Don't offer support for free. You didn't offer them a one size fits all package that would permit you to support for free, you didn't sell them a product off a production line, you did real work with your own time, support is extra work. Charge them an hourly fee for support. Never for free, not even "5 minutes". The only support you give is time limited, like 2 weeks after delivering the product, and only for things that don't work. No other customisations or tweaks.

I suppose you to get more fans in the beginning. make good sense of browsing your site. then put on some ads which is provided by Google