Bad moves devs, publishers, and companies like AMD and Nvidia over the years on PC gamers (Hoping for a collaborative thread with you guys)

LeeWonky

1) no, its actually not

misleading advertising is not illegal

false advertising would be telling you it has a graphics card and then you open the box and there is a paper card with some graphics on it :P

2) yeah, I'm not saying that leaving old GPUs behind with no optimization is a good thing

im just saying that all the theories about the old gpus getting "nerfed" are wrong

their performs seems to be going down, when its actually new GPUs performance going up

this isnt particularly good practice, IMO they should keep optimizing for older GPUs even when new ones come out, at least for several more years

Honestly, this is the kind of discussion I was asking for. I was expecting like "you dumb motherfucker" and shit in all honesty.

yeah, except in the world of GPUs specs dont mean anything unless you're comparing identical chips and architectures, for example a 770 and 780ti, or 760 and 770 or whatever

nvidia has been able to crank out a lot more performance from the lower core count on the 900 series

software has a LOT more to do with performance than people think

and the fact that they are bringing all that performance to the latest generation of GPUs only is disappointing

but no, the 700 series was not nerfed, just left behind

Well, given how hardware in general progresses over time (physically less in size and count and more on performance in practical usage and numbers, so on and so forth like more count in a smaller size and still ending up with more on performance), I honestly believe the 780 Ti could still take it.

AMD cards are a heater: No clue how it started, really annoys me. Yes they run hotter than NVidia cards, but they aren't actually that hot. Pisses me off even more when people are like, "I don't want an AMD card cause I don't need an extra heater," or something similar.

I think thats more of a consumer misconception or something rather than what falls under the four categories I listed down (which are more of how companies have offended the consumers kind of thing) unless someone can clarify this for me.

I think thats more of a consumer misconception or something rather than what falls under the four categories I listed down (which are more of how companies have offended the consumers kind of thing) unless someone can clarify this for me.

Yeah, realized this. Didn't read out the categories clearly.