Dell U2414H vs Acer R240HY VS Dell S2415H

McBanjo

Ive been researching monitors for a week and ive narrowed my search to what I *THINK* are the best three for me. I am running a Sapphire Tri-X Fury videocard that has (1) hdmi port and (3) display ports. I also plan on buying 3 and running eyefinity setup. I also will be using these monitors in a room with no windows, no bright lights and sometimes in the dark. Below is what I can get each monitor for and what I feel are pluses and minuses to me. Please help me make the right decision! Thanks

P.S. My first post here!

Dell U2414H $189

+++++++++

Has display ports so no need for adapters!

Multiple reviews praising it

Possibly better colors out the box due to it being calibrated from the factory.

Vesa mount!!

Stand has adjustable height

Possibly overclocks to 80hz?

------------------

Possibly not as clear due to matte finish?

Most expensive out of the three

Slowest responses time at 8ms

Acer R240hy $129

+++++++++

Cheapest out of the three

Glossy screen for potentially clearer and brighter image

Lowest response time at 4ms

Limited stand adjustments

Possibly overclocks to 75hz?

-----------

No reviews of it so its a shot in the dark

No vesa mount (most likely an aftermarket one later due to one being made for the Acer H236HL)

No display ports so adapters will have to be used (Unsure if display port to HDMI needs an active or passive adapter?)

Dell S2415H $149.99

+++++++

Glossy screen for possibly clearer and better image

Cheaper than the U2414H

6ms response time

Most reviews say its a nice monitor (Check out the negatives next!)

Vesa Mount!

Overclocks to 75hz

-----------

Multiple post and users stating the black levels of this monitor are horrible. I have found some who say they are good but more bad than good.

Limited stand adjustments

No display ports so adapters will have to be used (Unsure if display port to HDMI needs an active or passive adapter?)

HUGE thanks to those who reply and help me make the right decision. I will keep the monitors for many years so this is important to me!!

I mostly play iRacing with some FPS games. 3 screens is huge in iRacing

I wouldn't buy the Acer and 250nits brightness on monitors typically indicate contrast issues as well (as you indicated in posts found). 

I know you're going for cheap but I'd pay more and get the Dell U2415 :/ @ $240

This may help if you are still researching (second tab is <$200).

I wouldn't buy the Acer and 250nits brightness on monitors typically indicate contrast issues as well (as you indicated in posts found). 

I know you're going for cheap but I'd pay more and get the Dell U2415 :/ @ $240

This may help if you are still researching (second tab is <$200).

Thanks for your reply. The U2415 is just more than I want to spend unfortunately. Also, its a 16:10 ratio so some games will stretch I believe. 16:9 is more widely accepted in the gaming field. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again

Thanks for your reply. The U2415 is just more than I want to spend unfortunately. Also, its a 16:10 ratio so some games will stretch I believe. 16:9 is more widely accepted in the gaming field. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again

I figured it was a $ goal given the choices. But just to let you know, 16:10 won't stretch on any game I know of released in the last 4-5 years. All games accommodate the 16:10 ratio as well. The only ones that get fugly are the ultrawide screens.

It mostly is $$$ driven as 150 is my max but the u2414h at $189 was close enough to swing.