Win2012r2 ADWS 1400 error

Principis
Go to solution Solved by Buddidge,

I don't use any snapins lol I never even heard of mmc and snap ins untill now...

The domain is just so we can have 1 account on all pc's that automatically logs on and so that all the files are synched. And some settings like background power options and so one so that I don't have to go to every PC to change it...

I'm only using Active Directory

I'm 18 and I don't know anything about servers. It was pretty hard for me to set it up so I know we should have a tech but it's to damn expensive! :)

You will be more than fine to ignore it then Principis :)

Hi,

So we have a server for a small office (5 pc's) it's used as a domain controller and some SQL databases.

I keep getting this 1400 error it's for a certificate (I don't know what a certificate is for lol and I don't think I need it so...)post-183350-0-79107700-1449750326_thumb.

Can I solve this? Or can I just ignore it safely?

open up an mmc console, add certificates snapin as the local computer, in the sidebar go personal > certificates and in the main area right click, request new certificate, next, check domain controller, nextnext all should be fixed

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

open up an mmc console, add certificates snapin as the local computer, in the sidebar go personal > certificates and in the main area right click, request new certificate, next, check domain controller, nextnext all should be fixed

Certificate types are not available...

Can you please explain what it is for and why I should need it because I don't have one and never even looked at one...

Certificate types are not available...

Can you please explain what it is for and why I should need it because I don't have one and never even looked at one...

sorry for the late reply, but i think that means you dont have ad certificate authority role installed.

certs are used for secure authentication

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

No I don't because I don't need authentication it's a simple server only for the domain and SQL databases

So do you think I need to ignore the warning or should I install a certificate?

No I don't because I don't need authentication it's a simple server only for the domain and SQL databases

So do you think I need to ignore the warning or should I install a certificate?

If your not using the active directory web services then this is safe to ignore.

The AD web services cert will only be used if your wanting an ssl connection to your internal AD from something like powershell or managing AD from a desktop.

I assume your using the users and computers snap in (admin tools) on the server itself to manage the domain?

I don't use any snapins lol I never even heard of mmc and snap ins untill now...

The domain is just so we can have 1 account on all pc's that automatically logs on and so that all the files are synched. And some settings like background power options and so one so that I don't have to go to every PC to change it...

I'm 18 and I don't know anything about servers. It was pretty hard for me to set it up so I know we should have a tech but it's to damn expensive! :)

You will be more than fine to ignore it then Principis :)