AIO Liquid Cooling Concerns

I'm thinking about upgrading to an AIO liquid cooler for my CPU, but I have a few concerns

• How often do they leak, and will it do much damage if it does?
  • So they offer much benefit over an Intel stock cooler?
  • Does a single rad cooler use much more power than what a 120mm fan would?
  • Any suggestions for a single rad AIO?

Thanks!

CPU: Core i7 7700K | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 | MOBO: Asus Prime Z270-AR | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | SSD: Kingston 128GB SSD & Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase Pro 5

1)How often do they leak, and will it do much damage if it does?

2)So they offer much benefit over an Intel stock cooler?

3)Does a single rad cooler use much more power than what a 120mm fan would?

4)Any suggestions for a single rad AIO?

1) If you have a faulty one it might leak yes, but I don't think that happens a lot. (But when it does it'll of course cause damage.. Electricity + water = nope)

2) Over a stock cooler? HA, an incredible amount of benefit!

3) It does use more power since you also need to power the pump, but it's not like you'll need 300 watts more for it..

4) I'd got with a corsair H80i or a kraken x31.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

1) If you have a faulty one it might leak yes, but I don't think that happens a lot. (But when it does it'll of course cause damage.. Electricity + water = nope)

2) Over a stock cooler? HA, an incredible amount of benefit!

3) It does use more power since you also need to power the pump, but it's not like you'll need 300 watts more for it..

4) I'd got with a corsair H80i or a kraken x31.

Thanks a lot!

CPU: Core i7 7700K | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 | MOBO: Asus Prime Z270-AR | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | SSD: Kingston 128GB SSD & Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase Pro 5

I'm thinking about upgrading to an AIO liquid cooler for my CPU, but I have a few concerns

• How often do they leak, and will it do much damage if it does?
  • So they offer much benefit over an Intel stock cooler?
  • Does a single rad cooler use much more power than what a 120mm fan would?
  • Any suggestions for a single rad AIO?

Thanks!

I've used a few AIOs (Corsair H100i, H105, H100iGTX) and I've had a unit fail on me. My H100i pump died which through a slipperly slope lead to my CPU overheating and dying and the AIO leaking wiping out the rest of my computer in the process. Luckily Corsair had me covered and replaced the AIO, Ram & Power Supply and gave me market value for all the other components in my system.

They do leak, when they leak it's often quite serious (if unnoticed at least) - but if you get it from a decent supplier there will be no issues what so ever.

They're much better than Intel stock heatsinks.

And for suggestions, anything from Corsair (the ones with an 'i' include corsair link so you can monitor everything about it) or the Kraken X41.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Just going to tag on to OP's post. 

Can I ship my water cooled PC in an airplane? I'm moving soon. I have an H60 btw. 

Intel 4690K 4.5 GTX 970 Strix ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 LGA 1150 Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB NZXT Black/Red Kingston 240GB SSD && Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 3TB HDD Corsair H60 Corsair Builder 500W

PCPartPicker

I've used a few AIOs (Corsair H100i, H105, H100iGTX) and I've had a unit fail on me. My H100i pump died which through a slipperly slope lead to my CPU overheating and dying and the AIO leaking wiping out the rest of my computer in the process. Luckily Corsair had me covered and replaced the AIO, Ram & Power Supply and gave me market value for all the other components in my system.

So they basically gave you a new computer? Damn that's some neat support!

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

So they basically gave you a new computer? Damn that's some neat support!

Took them a little over 2 weeks to send them my whole computer (they paid for it), check it and then send me back brand new parts and money for any parts that they dont make (ie CPU/GPU). They took in my CoolerMaster PSU and gave me an AX760 in exchange - a fair deal aye?

Took them a little over 2 weeks to send them my whole computer (they paid for it), check it and then send me back brand new parts and money for any parts that they dont make (ie CPU/GPU). They took in my CoolerMaster PSU and gave me an AX760 in exchange - a fair deal aye?

Holy shit that's amazing. 

Let me go buy a faulty water cooler and receive a new PC in the process.... :D

Wow. That's incredible support. Were you just the lucky one here or do you know of other people having similar experiences? Either way, it's nice to hear as I'm building a new system next week that has my first ever AIO (H110i GTX). :)

Wow. That's incredible support. Were you just the lucky one here or do you know of other people having similar experiences? Either way, it's nice to hear as I'm building a new system next week that has my first ever AIO (H110i GTX). :)

I'd like to think I wasnt the only one - but thats why i make sure to get Corsair stuff where possible because I trust them with their warranties :P

Best of luck with your computer build, the 100iGTX is a killer AIO.

I'd like to think I wasnt the only one - but thats why i make sure to get Corsair stuff where possible because I trust them with their warranties :P

Best of luck with your computer build, the 100iGTX is a killer AIO.

Thanks! It's the first PC I've built in ~10 years so I'm really looking forward to it. I almost went for the Noctua NH-D15 but couldn't resist the idea of an AIO. (build) :)

Thanks! It's the first PC I've built in ~10 years so I'm really looking forward to it. I almost went for the Noctua NH-D15 but couldn't resist the idea of an AIO. (build) :)

Just thought I'd add,

if you are not going to overclock, you won't see any benefit in spending $100+ on a good AIO compared to a good aftermarket,

or even the stock Air cooler (well I guess depending on CPU clock vs. temp control...)

I'd assume though that if you are here and wanting an AIO, you will be overclocking and my post is moot :)

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

Just thought I'd add,

if you are not going to overclock, you won't see any benefit in spending $100+ on a good AIO compared to a good aftermarket,

or even the stock Air cooler (well I guess depending on CPU clock vs. temp control...)

I'd assume though that if you are here and wanting an AIO, you will be overclocking and my post is moot :)

Yeah, I'm planning on overclocking. Based off what I've seen others do, I'd like around 4.6GHz or 4.7GHz on the CPU and then see what else can be done based on temperatures and stability. I wouldn't have spent the money on an AIO and the 6700K if I wanted to keep things at stock. Thanks for the suggestion, nonetheless. :)

Holy shit that's amazing. 

Let me go buy a faulty water cooler and receive a new PC in the process.... :D

Its hugely good. I am going through an RAM process with them now, and it couldnt be easier (and the girl I spoke with at Corsair was so helpful). I figured they were good for their own parts but to pay up like that is fantastic.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Its hugely good. I am going through an RAM process with them now, and it couldnt be easier (and the girl I spoke with at Corsair was so helpful). I figured they were good for their own parts but to pay up like that is fantastic.

Yea good support is always a BIG +. I'd rather pay 10 bucks more for something when I know their support is AAA