Computer Upgrade

eXplosion

Hi I am new to the community.

My computer specks:

Motherboard: ASUS X99-S MOBO

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K s2011 v3 (Overclocked to 4.2GHz)

RAM: DDR4 VengLPX 32GB 2666Mhz

Cooling: Corsair H100 (Noctua Fans)

GPU: 4GB EVGA GTX980 SC ACX2.0 PCIE

PSU: Corsair RM750W GOLD

Monitor: 27 Asus PG278Q ROG Swift GSYNC

The question I have recently I bought the new monitor and I am playing games in 2K. Mostly I am playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 in 2K all options on the highest scaling 400% i get around around 50fps alot of times drops to 40 or even less ( I have disabled the G-SYNC) but the fps drops and low fps are in a lot games (I know that the graphics card is not the best any more) so I want to do SLI setup.

I have a budget around $900

Please help me with the choices which one should I choose:

1. Adding the same graphics card 4GB EVGA GTX980 SC ACX2.0 PCIE 
  2. Selling the 4GB EVGA GTX980 SC ACX2.0 PCIE and upgrading to GTX 980 TI
  3. Any suggestions Please Offer them

Thank you.

g sync has no effect on your fps, it just removes screen tearing, and not just its been really awesome for me since i changed monitor. 

but in this case, first check sli compatibility for the games you play and make sure its good, otherwise its a waste, but since you already have the 980, it would be a much bigger improvement to SLI than just getting a 980ti, if the sli support is good than we are talking around 75% improvement

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Maybe consider lowering the scaling percentage, because scaling is extremely intensive

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

I have read some articles online and all of them where saying that Euro truck simulator 2 and most games had issues with SLI profiles in 2013 but seems like now everything should be fine.  

Do you think my PSU will handle second the same graphic card? 

Maybe consider lowering the scaling percentage, because scaling is extremely intensive

The thing about Euro truck simulator 2 if you lower the scaling down then the game doesn't look gorgeous any more, the same thing occurs if you are playing games in FULL HD on a 2K screen then look ugly. 

With a $900 budget you could sell your 980 and buy 2 980Tis

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

With a $900 budget you could sell your 980 and buy 2 980Tis

I live in UK GTX 980 TI here costs £660 (1001.85 US Dollar) even after selling my GTX 980 the budget will not be enough but later in new year if the new graphics card will be released I will buy it. 

There thing you suggested my also need a bigger PSU. 

I live in UK GTX 980 TI here costs £660 (1001.85 US Dollar) even after selling my GTX 980 the budget will not be enough but later in new year if the new graphics card will be released I will buy it. 

you'd be cutting it close but with no overclocks you may be able todo it with 750W and sorry didn't realize you were in the UK

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

i think your rig would probably draw like 500W, its strangely low most of the times, tho some of the things arent about the watts but about other things, for example my many year old psu i had a TX750 from corsair didnt power my 2 780´s well at all, but it was already 4-5 years old back then so who knows what the stats really were on it, but it wasnt like it jjust shut down either as it should, my cards just didnt run at full, both limiting at around 60% usage, i tried many things than bough a V1000 and all my problems went away, i dont think my old psu was made for sli.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

i think your rig would probably draw like 500W, its strangely low most of the times, tho some of the things arent about the watts but about other things, for example my many year old psu i had a TX750 from corsair didnt power my 2 780´s well at all, but it was already 4-5 years old back then so who knows what the stats really were on it, but it wasnt like it jjust shut down either as it should, my cards just didnt run at full, both limiting at around 60% usage, i tried many things than bough a V1000 and all my problems went away, i dont think my old psu was made for sli.

Yeah but the new maxwell gtx 980 it only consumes at full 200W when the 780 was twice that.