Keyboard and mouse not recognized

Austin
Go to solution Solved by Austin,

tried reinstalling drivers again and it fixed the problem somehow. no idea how it didnt work the first time but as long as it works now im happy. thanks to everyone who tried to help.

I recently upgraded my cpu and motherboard and now my mouse and keyboard aren't being recognized by windows. The mouse and keyboard work in the BIOS and stop working as soon as windows begins to load. I am using a k90 and an M90. Please help.

On the back of the k90 there is a bios switch to allow for better compatibly with different motherboards, try changing it to 2, 4 or 8.

Also are they connected in usb 2.0 or usb 3.0 ports sometimes computers only boot with the keyboard and mouse enabled (ie the first 2 sub 2.0 ports on the rear i/o) this can be changed in the bios

It works in the BIOS but not in windows. Also the K90 doesnt have the BIOS switch.

oh sorry, i was thinking of the k95.

go into your bios' advanced options to the boot section and look for usb support.

I went into the boot options and turned usb support to full, but the keyboard and mouse still shut off when it reaches the windows loading screen

I went into the boot options and turned usb support to full, but the keyboard and mouse still shut off when it reaches the windows loading screen

I'm not sure... Sorry.

You could just try tinkering around within the bios.

They both work in safemode if that helps at all

Update: reinstalled keyboard and mouse drivers and they both still shutdown while windows is launching

Sounds like a driver issue to me. Although you have reinstalled the drivers and it doesn't work...

The only things that I've found suggest that you should change which ports they're plugged into and to reinstall the drivers in safe mode. 

tried reinstalling drivers again and it fixed the problem somehow. no idea how it didnt work the first time but as long as it works now im happy. thanks to everyone who tried to help.