NIKON D3200 Or EOS 600D

Both come with 18-55mm lenses
Can get them for the same price.
Which one would you recommend I buy?

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I really like cannon over nikon but, meeeh....

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-600d-vs-Nikon-D3200

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

You couldn't go wrong with picking either one of them. But if you are more into making videos I would chose Canon. Just do a search on both cameras and see which features each camera has that you want more. 

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Of the two, the D3200

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I really like cannon over nikon but, meeeh....

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-600d-vs-Nikon-D3200

In this page D3200 wins with D700...

I have both Nikons and D3200 is OK. However most settings are hidden deeply in menu so it takes long to change anything that's not shutter speed or aperture.

AF is ok.

Videos are much better on canon. On nikon in most situations they're not usable.

If you'll go for Nikon get 35mm 1.8G DX, great cheap lens

Both come with 18-55mm lenses

Can get them for the same price.

Which one would you recommend I buy?

So do you want to buy the camera to primarily take photos or record videos?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

You couldn't go with picking either one of them. But if you are more into making videos I would chose Canon. Just do a search on both cameras and see which features each camera has that you want more.

Right on! (psst: I think you forgot the word 'wrong' in there.)

Too many beginners falsely believe "a better camera = better photos better photographer" and there are many people who should know better but keep perpetuating this belief.  Either because they don't care or they really don't know any better.

The truth is "a camera is only a tool", and the breakdown of a good photo or video equates to roughly 70% in skill, knowledge, talent, being in the right place right time, coincidence, luck, experience, willing to take risks, put in the effort, willing to sacrifice sleep and food :P and especially the willingness to fail or get it wrong 99% of the time, and only 30% is having the right gear and accessories.  Even then I'm being generous by saying 30%.

“It’s the difference between your wife’s passport photograph and the portraits you took when you got engaged. Both may have been created with similar technology, but what stands in that great gulf between them are the passion you have for your wife, the knowledge you have of her personality, and your willingness to use your craft, time, and energy to express that. One says, “She looks like this.” The other says, “This is who she is to me. It’s how I feel about her. See how amazing she is?”

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Too many beginners falsely believe "a better camera = better photos" 

Sure but if a plastic spade and a metal spade were the same price, you would get the metal one

While what you say is 100% true, if a camera has objectively better specs for the same money, it makes no sense buying the inferior product

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Sure but if a plastic spade and a metal spade were the same price, you would get the metal one

While what you say is 100% true, if a camera has objectively better specs for the same money, it makes no sense buying the inferior product

You make a good point and I don't disagree, which is why I haven't put in my 2 cents on which one the OP should buy.  I'm still waiting for the OP to respond what he/she wants to do with the camera.

You and I know the pros and cons of Canon and Nikon when it comes to doing certain things. And I think I should rephrase my previous comment a bit.

You make a good point and I don't disagree, which is why I haven't put in my 2 cents on which one the OP should buy.  I'm still waiting for the OP to respond what he/she wants to do with the camera.

You and I know the pros and cons of Canon and Nikon when it comes to doing certain things. And I think I should rephrase my previous comment a bit.

Photos mainly. Thanks for the replies

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I think you should also look into the mirrorless micro 4/3 options. It pains me to say it because I've always been an SLR guy (Canon 60D) but the image quality is the same now, and they're smaller and lighter with cheaper lenses. (Way cheaper, way smaller, way lighter)

If you're not already hooked into a format with existing lenses to take advantage of, it's a great direction to look into at least.

I think you should also look into the mirrorless micro 4/3 options. It pains me to say it because I've always been an SLR guy (Canon 60D) but the image quality is the same now, and they're smaller and lighter with cheaper lenses. (Way cheaper, way smaller, way lighter)

If you're not already hooked into a format with existing lenses to take advantage of, it's a great direction to look into at least.

I would not say its quite on par though it is good,  but its bad in low light, and the lenses are not necessarily cheaper either

You can get mirrorless APSC and Full frame cameras, so MFT seems a pointless downgrade

Photos mainly. Thanks for the replies

OK, here are my 2 cents.

1. It honestly doesn't matter.  Photography is more art than science.  A good photographer should be able to pick up a camera and work with it.
  2. But the D3200 does have an advantage over the 600D in certain parts of the specification.  So it should offer you more "bang" for the buck.
  3. And if you care to know a bit more beyond the technical specifications of a camera:

From personal experience, Nikon generally does a better job in some aspects compared to a Canon.  I prefer Nikon's layout of the buttons and controls, the way it handles the noise grain at high ISO, the F-mount which has been their standard for decades meaning I have access to a wide range of lenses both old and new without needing to invest in adapters.  That's not to say Canon is bad.  Canon cameras can take great photos just as well as a Nikon.  Not to brag, but I can pick up any camera and within a few minutes customize the settings in the menu to suit my shooting style.

Additionally if I were to choose between only a Nikon or a Canon with the primary aim of using it as a video camera, I'd go with a Canon.  This is where I feel that Nikon is not putting in as much effort as Canon, or they don't really take into consideration what cinematographers want properly implemented.  Keep in mind I said cinematographers, I didn't say hobbyists or enthusiasts.  Of course Nikon has stepped up their game in video, but it still doesn't match how Canon implements the features.

These are my personal preferences for photography

• Nikon over Canon for DSLR cameras
  • Canon over Nikon for compact cameras

For video

• Sony over both Canon and Nikon, unless Sony is not an option in which case I'd go for a Canon

Mirrorless

• Neither Canon or Nikon, Sony and Fuji offer better MILC systems

Did I forget to mention that another reason to get a Sony or Canon for video is because their lens mount systems have a shorter flange distance then Nikon.  Nikon has one of the longest flange distances for a DSLR.  Shorter flange distances allow the user to mount a variety of lenses using an adapter.

I would choose D3200.

Have good experiences with it.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

If its only photo you can't go wrong with both, maybe 600d for its flippy screen. Whats important is your lens selection, don't forget that. It can cost you more than your camera so think carefully before you invest so much.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  •