Combining....a drive....separated partions....thingy...help.

Skullbunny

Hai guys! ,

So I installed my OS onto an SSD all good and nice , but! ,

I used to have HDD , and I "separated it into partitions"? soemthing like that? basically i have "multiple drives" when physically only 1 :D

I wanted to know if I could somehow combine them back into 1 drive D:

klamKuw.jpg?1

Am pretty sure that D + F + G should be one drive x3 <3

Thank you very much guys!!! :D<3

when you go to your drive manager, you should be able to repartition your drive. (right click 'my computer' and then 'properties' and then navigate to drive manager)

should look something like this:

post-226488-0-59110700-1449603928.png

Go into disk management (in computer management) and delete the partitions that you want to get rid of (right clicking on partition). Then, extent the partition that you want bigger into the empty space and bingo.

when you go to your drive manager, you should be able to repartition your drive. (right click 'my computer' and then 'properties' and then navigate to drive manager)

should look something like this:

attachicon.gifNaamloos.png

Hai!

First of all thank you for the super quickie reply.

2nd , could you please direct me ? o-o

SKEjXh9.png?1

Go into disk management (in computer management) and delete the partitions that you want to get rid of (right clicking on partition). Then, extent the partition that you want bigger into the empty space and bingo.

Heh , I was about to do something like that but I was afraid im ruining stuffs x3 , gonna try that , thank you :3<3

Whatever you do don't delete that 100mb partition! Windows needs that too.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Hai!

now right click on your F: partition, and select something along the lines of 'delete partition' or 'delete volume'. after that the partition should show up as 'unallocated space'.

now do the same with the other partitions you want to delete. 

once you've done that, right click on the left over partition (D:) and click 'expand volume'. now select the unallocated space and voilla!

Hai!

Heh , I was about to do something like that but I was afraid im ruining stuffs x3 , gonna try that , thank you :3<3

Copy what ever you have on D: drive to C: so you don't lose it.

(Edit- this is assuming it isn't some important Windows stuff or whatever, if it is then expand the volume like RollinLower suggested)

Right click on D: (In disk management) and delete the volume. Do this for F: and G: also.

Your whole HDD should now be unallocated space, right click it and create a new volume.

You should be all set from there.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

also, it should be noted that when you delete a partition, you will loose all the data on there!

Er....note picture below :c...

now right click on your F: partition, and select something along the lines of 'delete partition' or 'delete volume'. after that the partition should show up as 'unallocated space'.

now do the same with the other partitions you want to delete. 

once you've done that, right click on the left over partition (D:) and click 'expand volume'. now select the unallocated space and voilla!

Having some trouble with that :3

n83mGON.jpg?1

Soooo , I tried to delete the 81gb and expend the 850gb and it didn't work , it makes it dynamic disk and it won't merge them , same with the other way around.

Idk what to do :3 <3

Soooo , I tried to delete the 81gb and expend the 850gb and it didn't work , it makes it dynamic disk and it won't merge them , same with the other way around.

Idk what to do :3 <3

well, that's strange. it seems like it already created new partitions. try deleting the 450MB one and the 849GB one again, and see if it shows up as unallocated space. (the blue bar on those should become black)

well, that's strange. it seems like it already created new partitions. try deleting the 450MB one and the 849GB one again, and see if it shows up as unallocated space. (the blue bar on those should become black)

ef3c00ca1c437434d958760958e6055b.png

i CAN'T delete the 450mb at all :3 , only have "help" on it , and they're both black , even if i try to create new volume non 1 of the black thingies and then expend it , it attempts to make it a dynamic disk and then says "no space" blalbalblaa and both left there :D 

i CAN'T delete the 450mb at all :3 , only have "help" on it , and they're both black , even if i try to create new volume non 1 of the black thingies and then expend it , it attempts to make it a dynamic disk and then says "no space" blalbalblaa and both left there  :D

did you recently re-install windows? i guess that's the only way this could have happened.

did you recently re-install windows? i guess that's the only way this could have happened.

Yas yas yas , I have , I had windows 10 installed , and reinstalled from USB (media tool thingy) to SSD , deleted those drives and everything in 'em x3 <3

Yas yas yas , I have , I had windows 10 installed , and reinstalled from USB (media tool thingy) to SSD , deleted those drives and everything in 'em x3 <3

i think what happened is that when eventough you did a fresh install on your SSD, somehow the old recovery partition didn't delete. are you sure you deleted all old partitions when you where in the windows installer menus?

i think what happened is that when eventough you did a fresh install on your SSD, somehow the old recovery partition didn't delete. are you sure you deleted all old partitions when you where in the windows installer menus?

Meh , honestly , I have no idea what i've done or what am i supposed to do , im just gonna bare with 3 drives instead of 2 x3 <3

Tyvm eitherway , I really appreciate your help <3

Hope everyone have happy holidays x3<3