Onboard audio might be fried.

wyatt1121

Yesterday I was gaming and the audio worked fine. Today my electric flashed off and back on and when I started my computer back up the audio for my headset doesnt work. I tried unplugging them and that didnt work. I plugged them into the front and I can hear static but no sound. The mic works in front and rear jack. I tried hooking up speakers and they dont work either. I read somewhere that the onboard audio might be fried and that I would need a new mobo or an audio card. Any help/suggestion appreciated. 

may just be your audio drivers that took a dump.

try reinstalling your audio drivers.

Go into control panel and sound first to check if your card is registering there when plugged in.

Double click and go through all the test options.

If not turn off the pc , open it and make sure all your motherboard connections are correctly attached.

Restart , check your pc specs in control panel/system and look for your audio card name , check the drivers from the name website.

If still no joy , most likely you are fried.

Try not to cross worry with expertise in these situations , it,s very easy to read information and believe it in its application to your problem search.

It,s likely blowing your card is the last option to look at.

Go into control panel and sound first to check if your card is registering there when plugged in.

Double click and go through all the test options.

If not turn off the pc , open it and make sure all your motherboard connections are correctly attached.

Restart , check your pc specs in control panel/system and look for your audio card name , check the drivers from the name website.

If still no joy , most likely you are fried.

Try not to cross worry with expertise in these situations , it,s very easy to read information and believe it in its application to your problem search.

It,s likely blowing your card is the last option to look at.

Thanks. I wouldn't think it would be a connection since it was fine one day and the next it didn't work. When I went to sound devices it registered as speakers but when I tried to do a test it said to "failed to play note" or something along those lines. 

Thanks. I wouldn't think it would be a connection since it was fine one day and the next it didn't work. When I went to sound devices it registered as speakers but when I tried to do a test it said to "failed to play note" or something along those lines. 

Well i thought if there had been a signal problem from the card to your pc , it might pop up with a disconcerting miscalculated message like that.

I.E speakers not card name.

It sounds like your drivers , have you tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling from the websites updated driver download bank.

I mean if you didn,t have any particularly heavy noises or smells coming form the pc and hadn,t tried to blast 10 000 decibels through a small amplifier its unlikely it would blow the card.....i would check your card is firmly placed in the motherboard and try driver re install.

Well i thought if there had been a signal problem from the card to your pc , it might pop up with a disconcerting miscalculated message like that.

I.E speakers not card name.

It sounds like your drivers , have you tried uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling from the websites updated driver download bank.

I mean if you didn,t have any particularly heavy noises or smells coming form the pc and hadn,t tried to blast 10 000 decibels through a small amplifier its unlikely it would blow the card.....i would check your card is firmly placed in the motherboard and try driver re install.

If the elctrics fried it , youre motherboard would most likely go first!

If the elctrics fried it , youre motherboard would most likely go first!

We had an issue at my church where this happened. The PC lost the ability to see the internet. Onboard NIC stopped working, add-on NICs stopped working, wireless cards did not work, and USB alternatives did not work either. Had to load presentations from a flash drive...

We had an issue at my church where this happened. The PC lost the ability to see the internet. Onboard NIC stopped working, add-on NICs stopped working, wireless cards did not work, and USB alternatives did not work either. Had to load presentations from a flash drive...

Ok yeh this is also a possibility if you find your motherboards model number on the brand website you could track the flash update file , save it to memory stick and update all your drivers from there , this would guarantee the chances of you finding out if the card was sizzled!