Best $300 CPU & MoBo

rvmva
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,

CPU: AMD A8-5600k @ 3.6GHz stock cooler

You should be pretty well off with that CPU, I run a 7850 with a 750K, it's only going to hold you back in games that are CPU hogs, besides you got zen and kaby lake coming next year, might be worth it just to wait and get the better GPU for better gaming, a 250 is almost on par with a top end APU

Basically the same CPU with a 290x, ties with the i5 in a lot of places

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/amd-a8-7650k-apu-review-the-little-apu-that-could/5/

HELP HALP.

EDIT:

For Gaming and video editing

Edited by rvmva

best for what? at a budget you really need to cherry pick what you're going to buy for what you're doing.

Closest 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($81.45 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $301.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-07 03:37 EST-0500

Location?

Is this the budget for the whole PC or are you just upgrading your CPU/Mobo?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Closest 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($81.45 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $301.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-07 03:37 EST-0500

I stand corrected, Thank you awesome LTT community:)

Edited by Mcmole

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Although that is a great pick, You forgot to mention that the "K" series of Intel's Processors do not come with a cooler, And therefore he would be forced to buy a aftermarket cooler, which will inherently increase the price. (Which I would do in his situation)...Something like the Hyper 212..

Nope you're wrong, Haswell CPU will come with a CPU cooler. Only Haswell-E and Skylake CPU don't come with a CPU cooler

Location?

Is this the budget for the whole PC or are you just upgrading your CPU/Mobo?

Actually, Philippines. Budget for upgrading. Just Cpu and mobo

Although that is a great pick, You forgot to mention that the "K" series of Intel's Processors do not come with a cooler, And therefore he would be forced to buy a aftermarket cooler, which will inherently increase the price. (Which I would do in his situation)...Something like the Hyper 212..

thats only a thing since skylake. even the x99 parts come with a cooler.

EDIT: no they dont, haswell does tho.

although, i feel like theres better than a 4690k here.

Nope you're wrong, Haswell CPU will come with a CPU cooler. Only Haswell-E and Skylake CPU don't come with a CPU cooler

Ah, sorry I stand corrected, I'll edit my post and here have a +1 for setting me straight!

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hjyhbv

a smidge over budget for a skylake xeon (with HT) went ahead to pick a ddr3 mobo so you can use your old ram.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dLxYLk

a bit less over budget for a haswell xeon.

explanation behind the xeons: they're basicly a slightly lower clocked i7 for the price of an i5. hard to beat when doing video editing.

That is a super important detail that you need to include in your post otherwise most people will just suggest things for people living in the US. I'll have a look at some Filipino shops and reply later on once I have found something for you.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

That is a super important detail that you need to include in your post otherwise most people will just suggest things for people living in the US. I'll have a look at some Filipino shops and reply later on once I have found something for you.

Noted.

dynaquestpc.com this is a good shop. 14000php

@rvmva

I had a look through a few shops and for ₱13,500 you can get an i5-4590+Gigabyte D3H the site you posted actually has those parts for slightly cheaper than the few that I looked at.

Spoiler

What's your current PC?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

What's your current PC?

MOBO: MSI A58-E33

RAM: 2x4gb hyper X @ 1866MH

GPU: Sapphire R7 250 1gb ddr5

But this is my current plan for an upgrade

GPU: R9 380 4gb

PSU: XFX 650w semi modular

New case cooler master n400

Then I figured maybe I get a better cpu.

You should be pretty well off with that CPU, I run a 7850 with a 750K, it's only going to hold you back in games that are CPU hogs, besides you got zen and kaby lake coming next year, might be worth it just to wait and get the better GPU for better gaming, a 250 is almost on par with a top end APU

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/amd-a8-7650k-apu-review-the-little-apu-that-could/5/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

This helped me so much! Thanks!