Razer Blackwidow Chroma Tips

Topkek

So I just got a Razer Blackwidow Chroma and I was wondering, is there anything i should watch out for or be worried about with this keyboard?

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Kirito (Main Build):
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard ASUS Z170-AR RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 GPU ASUS STRIX 1070 Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Green 2TB & Travelstar 1TB PSU Corsair CS550M Cooling Corsair H110i GT Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Asuna (My Laptop): Razer Blade Stealth

CPU Intel Core i5-7200U w/ Hyperthreading RAM 8GB Hardwired into the system GPU I N T E G R A T E D   G R A P H I C S  Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 120GB Cooling Fans yo Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Razer key switches.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

razer... thats it xD just kidding.. there isnt anything big.

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Bad build quality.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Them key switches tho...

System Specs

• Gaming/work PC: 
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k  @ 4.5Ghz 
    • Memory: 32GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance)
    • Graphics: ASUS GTX 980 Ti 
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97
    • Storage: 3x 1TB Samsung SSDs (Not in RAID) & 1TB WD Black HDD
    • Case: H440 Designed By Razer

Not in particular... I feel like their switches are a bit more stiff than the cherry and gateron counterparts. 

They are sourcing their switches from kailh, last time I checked, so quality definitely is an issue. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

The switches seem pretty good so far

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Kirito (Main Build):
CPU Intel Core i5-6600k OC'd @ 4.6 GHz Motherboard ASUS Z170-AR RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 GPU ASUS STRIX 1070 Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, WD Green 2TB & Travelstar 1TB PSU Corsair CS550M Cooling Corsair H110i GT Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Asuna (My Laptop): Razer Blade Stealth

CPU Intel Core i5-7200U w/ Hyperthreading RAM 8GB Hardwired into the system GPU I N T E G R A T E D   G R A P H I C S  Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 120GB Cooling Fans yo Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma Sound Sennheiser HD280 Pro OS Windows 10

Yui (My mini server):

TBD

Razer key switches.

Razer quality?

Bad build quality.

Them key switches tho...

Have you guys used the keyboard? It's a good keyboard.

I used it at Best buy, the Cherry and Logitech switches felt allot better imo.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I used it at Best buy, the Cherry and Logitech switches felt allot better imo.

Well I had one on hand for about a month before I sold it to a friend since I preferred my TKL keyboard.

I swapped between the two and the switches and keys felt fine to me. People were also complaining about how the switches would wobble when pressed hard enough, but you have to deliberately press them hard to actually make them wobble. I doubt anyone actually types that heavily, and I'm a heavy typist.

Well I had one on hand for about a month before I sold it to a friend since I preferred my TKL keyboard.

I swapped between the two and the switches and keys felt fine to me. People were also complaining about how the switches would wobble when pressed hard enough, but you have to deliberately press them hard to actually make them wobble. I doubt anyone actually types that heavily, and I'm a heavy typist.

To me they just felt cheap and mushy, it could've been the types themselves or I'm just used to browns and everything else feels cheap/ bad.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

To me they just felt cheap and mushy, it could've been the types themselves or I'm just used to browns and everything else feels cheap/ bad.

The keyboard I was swapping between was the K65 RGB (so with reds). I also have a broken keyboard with MX Blues in it and the feel of them and the Razer board felt similar. The sounds were completely different, but they felt identical.

I have the 2014 edition and I love it. I personally like it more stiff.