To anybody who has switched from Android to Windows Phone or vice versa...

Conelton

I'm due a phone upgrade in August (planning ahead, right) and I can't decide between getting another Android phone (I currently have Android 2.3 on a ZTE Blade) or switching to a windows phone. The most likely options will be a Galaxy S3 Mini or a HTC 8S. I've had some brief experience with WP8 and it seems pretty good, but I want to be sure.

So, anyone who has switched from one OS to the other, what are the most noticeable differences? What did you miss?

I'll appreciate any input you can give. Thanks.

In my opinion WP8 needs a few updates before it will good, but i think it will be amazing when that happens. I would check around back in July and see what the market is like.

I might be getting a Nexus 4 from the google play store and then switching to T-Mobile. Verizon is getting too expensive so I'm going with the $30/month Monthly 4g plan from t-mobile.

• Intel Core i7 2600k 4.5Ghz

Sapphire 7950

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Cooler Master 850w

Corsair H100i

Fractal Design Define R4

Roccat Kone+ Mouse

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Why a S3 mini and not the Galaxy S4 that is suppose to be released in the next couple months?

I think the main difference between the OS's are the apps that are available, the UI, and how limited you are to your phone.

@HellTech : I will have another look around nearer the time and I hope you're right about WP8 being perfected with updates!

@Milo Pod : What's making you think about a Nexus 4? For me it's the pure Android because I hate the non-removable apps that they fill up most phones with.

@EChondo : The main reason is cost really. I'd like to keep the monthly cost under £20 (~$30) without paying for the handset. Obviously I'll keep an eye out for new releases and have another good look around nearer the time. By then I might even be considering the Ubuntu Phone. And I think it's the apps that are keeping me towards Android, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't replace the stock sms, music apps etc.

Thanks for your input guys, it's really useful :-)