gpu randomly goes to 0%

dav

hey, my gpu goes from 100% to 0% and the game freeze. it happens most often in ark. i have a msi gtx970 which is supposed to handle ark on high but it stutters at medium. i have done a bit of research and i have read that it's throtteling down for protection, the only problem here is that the fans aren't even at 100% and the temp is around 65c. it's not the cpu either, it's between 45-50c. my psu uses about 66% of its power when running the game, it's the corsair AX760

thx in advance

fan speed on my gpu is at 52%*

That's ARK for ya, it's a poorly optimised title. If this issue doesn't happen in any other games your fine.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

That's ARK for ya, it's a poorly optimised title. If this issue doesn't happen in any other games your fine.

it happens in a few other games too, like gta and fallout

it happens in a few other games too, like gta and fallout

What is your CPU?

Pascal laptops guide

i5-4690k

Did you try reinstalling Nvidia drivers?

Pascal laptops guide

Did you try reinstalling Nvidia drivers?

no, but it has been like this forever, not something a new update has done

no, but it has been like this forever, not something a new update has done

Maybe they were badly installed right from the start?

Pascal laptops guide

Maybe they were badly installed right from the start?

i used the cd that came with my gpu which installed geforce experience and i have used that ever since

i used the cd that came with my gpu which installed geforce experience and i have used that ever since

Anyhow just for a sanity check try reinstalling it, you never know.

Pascal laptops guide

Anyhow just for a sanity check try reinstalling it, you never know.

Reinstall to start off.

First remove all the nvidia things from the uninstall program list then reboot then download the newest driver and install that.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Drivers are usually the first thing you should check. Next is simple issues like "a cable fell out" but that doesn't really apply here. If you have any overclocks that could be the issue.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Try checking the inside of your PC,if everything is connected properly.

i had issues with game stuttering as well and the problem ended up being my RAM having poor contact with my motherboard.