Problem with migrating Windows 10 from SSD to m.2

ZiggyGG

Hello.

I just bought Samsung 950 Pro SSD 256GB M.2. I used PCI extension card to connect it to my Asus X99 Deluxe. The drive is available during post and in Windows itself.

Next I used AOMEI Partition Assistant Pro to copy entire drive sector by sector from my Kingston SSDNow V300 to this M.2 SSD because I want use my OS from that drive.

The problem is that whenever I disconnect my old SSD or not and choose M.2 from boot menu it doesn't load to Windows.

For few seconds it tries and then goes back to BIOS menu. Can anyone please help me make that work?

Do I need any changes to the BIOS itself? If so then what? I tried Google solution for a week or so and nothing helps.

The only solution I didn't try is installing clean version of Windows in that drive, but that's not a solution for me. I need run the exact copy of my current OS.

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 / CASE: Corsair Graphite 780T / MOBO: MSI X99S GAMING 7 / PSU: Corsair RM850, 80 PLUS Gold / CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X @3.5 GHz / RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB DDR4 2133 Mhz / GPU: 2x MSI GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB / SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120 GB / SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 240 GB / SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 480 GB / HDD: ST1000DM003-1CH162 1TB / MIC: Blue Yeti USB / HEADSET: SteelSeries Siberia V2 MSI Dragon Army Limited Edition / REC: Action! & OBS / MOUSE: Logitech T400 / CAM: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 / PAD: Xbox One Controller for Windows PC / NET: Unlimited LTE 150/40 Mb/s

It's possible your windows installation doesn't like being accessed through something other than the sata bus. I suggest you try to install windows from scratch on the m.2 drive and see if it works, if it does that was most likely the problem. If it doesn't, the drive or motheboard may be the problem.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*