Im clueless | freezing pc

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

haven't ever done one i never had a reason to

yeah well thats probably the issue then

its recommended that power users do a clean install every 1-2 years to keep everything running in optimal condition

over time stuff gets messed up unless you regularly check for errors, clean temp files, remove residual installations, etc...

Problem: within minutes my pc will freeze in games and noalt tab and ctrl alt del dont work but when the freeze happens it doesnt undo itself the fans will just come on full blast btw it freezes where the game last was and audio does not continue everthing is just shut down but still on screen i guess

So i here are specs

PSU:  EVGA 600W http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-80-plus-600w-atx-12v-eps-12v-power-supply-black/8511029.p?id=1219693073473 

CPU amd fx 8310 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9494388

Gpu Msi Gtx 980 http://us.msi.com/product/graphics-card/GTX-980-GAMING-4G.html#hero-overview

OS Windows 8.1

Storage 1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149407

Optical drives ASUS SH-224DB http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Optical-Drive-SH-224DB-BEBE/dp/B00CE58ZYC not sure if this is the right one.

I dont know what to do i have reverted my os back to a time when the problem had not occurred and i have ran scan in nortan cleared registry ran ccleaner checked temps as they all seem to go go above 55c on games like csgo the highest i have seen is 60c on kf2 and i am using a prebuilt computer here it is: asus desktop m52bc m32bc http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive-black/4061021.p?id=1219618166913&skuId=4061021

i have tried numerous different nvidia drivers unistalled the drivers completely i get a screen freeze on portal 2 on 800x400 for christ sake what the hell do i do please help me asap im dying of boredom and all i have to do is play cod lol

have you tried doing a clean install of windows 10

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

CPU overheating = throttling? 

Magical Pineapples

what is your RAM? what are temps like on everything (use MSI afterburner)?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

have you tried doing a clean install of windows 10

i have windows 8.1 and i have not completely re installed because i reverted back to a time where im sure the problem did not exists but maybe its something i should try

you should write down what time the pc freezing happens at and then go thru your event log and find if there is anything there causing it to hang. 

i would also suggest you install a program called HD sentinel to check your drives and make sure there not damaged.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

i have windows 8.1 and i have not completely re installed because i reverted back to a time where im sure the problem did not exists but maybe its something i should try

a clean install would take some time, but it would almost definitely fix all your issues

how long has it been since you last did a clean install? quite a while im guessing

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

a clean install would take some time, but it would almost definitely fix all your issues

how long has it been since you last did a clean install? quite a while im guessing

you should write down what time the pc freezing happens at and then go thru your event log and find if there is anything there causing it to hang. 

i would also suggest you install a program called HD sentinel to check your drives and make sure there not damaged.

what do you mean event log i like in afterburner? i will right done when it happens when i have the chance to

its recommended that power users do a clean install every 1-2 years to keep everything running in optimal condition

over time stuff gets messed up unless you regularly check for errors, clean temp files, remove residual installations, etc...

Spoiler

what is your RAM? what are temps like on everything (use MSI afterburner)?

ram idk honestly im just using speecy and it says 16.0gb Dual Channel DDR3 @802mhz (11-11-11-28)

well shoud'nt ccleaner or norton be able to pick that stuff up

CPU overheating = throttling? 

dont think so amd is made to run pretty hot and its at stock

well shoud'nt ccleaner or norton be able to pick that stuff up

ccleaner gets most temp files, norton is an antivirus

if you go into windows event viewer you should see all the errors that your system has

that's the kind of stuff that causes issues and needs to be fixed manually

or a reinstall fixes everything at once (except hardware problems, but i dont think thats the issue here)

Spoiler

ccleaner gets most temp files, norton is an antivirus

if you go into windows event viewer you should see all the errors that your system has

that's the kind of stuff that causes issues and needs to be fixed manually

or a reinstall fixes everything at once (except hardware problems, but i dont think thats the issue here)

where can i locate windows event viewer

dont think so amd is made to run pretty hot and its at stock

With stock cooler.. so it might be the problem. I had similar problem when with Fx6300 on stock. 

Magical Pineapples

where can i locate windows event viewer

its in the windows admin tools from control panel

Spoiler

its in the windows admin tools from control panel

so could you run me through a system reset i would prefer to save kf2 to maybe test on it later tonight without having to wait like 5 hrs to redownload