I need help choosing a AIO cooler.

Hello,

I built my first PC around 2 months ago, and at the time I installed a NZXT X41 140mm watercooler.

However the pump has had some issues, and I am having to return it.

And I'd like a new cooler, I have been looking at both the Corsair H80i GT & the H100i GTX.

I must also add, I am looking for a quiet cooler.

I have a budget of around £100.

My specs:

Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.0GHz

16GB HyperX Fury 1866MHz

Asus Hero VII

Asus GTX 980 STRIX

Fractal Design R5 (with window).

I was mainly looking at the H80i GT, as I can mount it in the rear of the case, meaning I won't have to open the stop of the case, keeping the noise level down.

However I would like some advice whether this will be a good choice? As I'd like a cooler that I won't have issues with.

Thank you!

whichever one you choose to buy, replace the stock fans

they are horrible and way too loud

the H100i would give you quite a bit better performance and allow you to run your fans slower at idle

can you not also put the H100 in the front?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

whichever one you choose to buy, replace the stock fans

they are horrible and way too loud

the H100i would give you quite a bit better performance and allow you to run your fans slower at idle

Corsair coolers have SP 120 quiet editions as their fans, do they not?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

And I'd like a new cooler, I have been looking at both the Corsair H80i GT & the H100i GTX.

well, then if you want something quiet...i would suggest you go with something that does not have a pump AKA a good air cooler with good quality fans on it!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Corsair coolers have SP 120 quiet editions as their fans, do they not?

SP-120L

louder and cheaper versions

but even the quiet edition SP and AF fans are too loud

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

well, then if you want something quiet...i would suggest you go with something that does not have a pump AKA a good air cooler with good quality fans on it!

Can you recommend one that is fairly easy to install?

Since I'm new to all of this :')

Cheers

SP-120L

louder and cheaper versions

but even the quiet edition SP and AF fans are too loud

i have a quiet sp 120 and its barely audible 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Hello,

I built my first PC around 2 months ago, and at the time I installed a NZXT X41 140mm watercooler.

My specs:

16GB HyperX Fury 1866MHz

Asus Hero VII

Asus GTX 980 STRIX

I was mainly looking at the H80i GT, as I can mount it in the rear of the case, meaning I won't have to open the stop of the case, keeping the noise level down.

However I would like some advice whether this will be a good choice? As I'd like a cooler that I won't have issues with.

Thank you!

if you are consider a h100i, give the cooler master 240m a look its also really good. I currently am using the nepton 280l, its quite and keeps my oveclocked 4790k cool. The h80i is also a solid cooler

Hello,

My specs:

16GB HyperX Fury 1866MHz

Asus Hero VII

Asus GTX 980 STRIX

Thank you!

if you want a quieter cooler then install quieter fans also if you really want a quiet loop then make your own

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

get a dark rock pro 3 instead

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

if you are consider a h100i, give the cooler master 240m a look its also really good. I currently am using the nepton 280l, its quite and keeps my oveclocked 4790k cool. The h80i is also a solid cooler

I'll be sure to have a look, thank you! (:

get a dark rock pro 3 instead

I've heard that they are difficult to install?

Since it will only be me doing it, and I've never installed an air cooler before...

Both them are good choices. Be wary that they are configured in performance mode by default so the pump and fans may be loud (at least mine were). If so, you can just download the Corsair Link software and put them in quiet mode.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

I've heard that they are difficult to install?

Since it will only be me doing it, and I've never installed an air cooler before...

not really, and to own an h80i. it was quite hard to instal it in my 450d.. and the thing is very loud and distracting.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Hello,

My specs:

16GB HyperX Fury 1866MHz

Asus Hero VII

Asus GTX 980 STRIX

Thank you!

A) You are running at Stock Speeds? You don't need a liquid cooler for that

B) You want something Quiet? Single Fan air cooler

C) Less than 100? Air cooler

D) WONT HAVE ISSUES WITH? Air cooler. And when you have an issue, it's an air duster and a $12 fan from being fixed...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-6a-64385.htm- $30CAD

I get the draw of liquid cooling, but it's honestly a complete waste of money unless you overclock,

and is not going to be as dependable as a passive/fan equipped heatsink... It's just not

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

Both them are good choices. Be wary that they are configured in performance mode by default so the pump and fans may be loud (at least mine were). If so, you can just download the Corsair Link software and put them in quiet mode.

I read about that...

The reason I'm really considering Corsair is because of their support, as I have had extremely good experiences in the past. And I've also heard the coolers are good, which one are you using?

Everyone missed that you a running a 4790k at stock speeds...

If you aren't planning an overclock, you don't need liquid.... $30 vs $140 with no difference in performance.

doesnt make sense to me :/

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

A) You are running at Stock Speeds? You don't need a liquid cooler for that

B) You want something Quiet? Single Fan air cooler

C) Less than 100? Air cooler

D) WONT HAVE ISSUES WITH? Air cooler. And when you have an issue, it's an air duster and a $12 fan from being fixed...

http://www.ncix.com/detail/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-6a-64385.htm- $30CAD

I get the draw of liquid cooling, but it's honestly a complete waste of money unless you overclock,

and is not going to be as dependable as a passive/fan equipped heatsink... It's just not

Thank you very much for your response.

I guess those points are true, since I am just running stock speeds and I really don't want to have to fuss around.

I'm going to look into good air coolers now!

Cheers

Can you recommend one that is fairly easy to install?

Since I'm new to all of this :')

Cheers

Sure, this one is pretty nice!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AXUTKEE/?tag=pcpapi-20

Also the be quiet coolers are nice i saw somebody mentionning the dark pro3 which is also a nice cooler...and about instalation just take your time, read instructions carefuly and it will go well...it's easy enough even for somebody that is not used to this type of stuff you just have to take your time to figure everything out slowly as you go, easy!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Aio i would recommend h100igtx and also nzxt x61. But if you want it to be quite, a noctua d15 is the way to go.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Aio i would recommend h100igtx and also nzxt x61. But if you want it to be quite, a noctua d15 is the way to go.

I looked at the D15 when I was first building my PC, but I'm certainly considering getting it now.

Thank you!

I read about that...

The reason I'm really considering Corsair is because of their support, as I have had extremely good experiences in the past. And I've also heard the coolers are good, which one are you using?

I'm using the H100i GTX in my Air 540 with Silverstone AP123s. Roughly 30C idle, 68C load and super super silent. I've had no experience with their support but I do know they are very tightly knit with their PCMR community.  :D

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

i have a quiet sp 120 and its barely audible 

well either the rest of your PC components are loud or you have hearing problems, because There is a huge difference between 16 or 20db fans and the 24+db corsair fans

Spoiler

well either the rest of your PC components are loud or you have hearing problems, because There is a huge difference between 16 or 20db fans and the 24+db corsair fans

most likely an insulating case combined with low temperatures

Solitaire.