Help me build a gaming pc

Vengeance119

Hey guys I'm new to pc building and wanted help building a pc this is what have at the moment

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2k9mwP

I'm wondering if I should go with a 390 or a 970 this is a very fan based opinion on each side but I want future proof for at least 3 years.

Also should I go with this CPU or with a i5 4690k?

Any advice or help with this build is appreciated.

R9-390: has more VRAM, better DX12 support, and better performance overall.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

get a normal hdd and a ssd instead of a hybrid drive

The site has changed....

Hey guys I'm new to pc building and wanted help building a pc this is what have at the moment

I'm wondering if I should go with a 390 or a 970 this is a very fan based opinion on each side but I want future proof for at least 3 years.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2DJrNG

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

About the CPU:

If your not planning to over clock the PC, then having a k based processor is worthless. 

Even the 4690 is only .2ghz faster than the 4660 you have currently so i would honestly stick with what you have for the money.

About the GPU:

I have a GTX970 and love it. Yes its more expensive for 4GB less vram. I love my GPU. Im a fanboy of NVIDIA but i would stay stick with the r9 for the price at this point.

Other than that, what about an SSD? DO you have one already?

Other than that great build!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

R9-390: has more VRAM, better DX12 support, and better performance overall.

Yeah that's what I was thinking and I believe in a few years 1440 will be a common resolution people are gonna be using anyway.

Also do you think this CPU is good enough or should I get a i5 4690k?

Yeah that's what I was thinking and I believe in a few years 1440 will be a common resolution people are gonna be using anyway.

Also do you think this CPU is good enough or should I get a i5 4690k?

It's good enough.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

About the CPU:

If your not planning to over clock the PC, then having a k based processor is worthless. 

Even the 4690 is only 3ghz faster than the 4660 you have currently so i would honestly stick with what you have for the money.

About the GPU:

I have a GTX970 and love it. Yes its more expensive for 4GB less vram. I love my GPU. Im a fanboy of NVIDIA but i would stay stick with the r9 for the price at this point.

As much as I love team green I do have to admit that the 390 is a much better card at your price point. If you can afford it I definitely think you should pick up a 4690k but only if you plan on overclocking. And if you plan on overclocking then you're gonna have to buy a z97 board and an aftermarket cooler for a for a decent overclock.

And buy a HDD and save for an SSD. Don't buy a hybrid[emoji23].

Nice build though. Good luck!

About the CPU:

Even the 4690 is only 3ghz faster than the 4660 you have currently so i would honestly stick with what you have for the money.

About the GPU:

OK good to know and no I don't have a ssd why would I need one?

SSDs are a butt ton faster than Hard Drives. These drives make your computer a lot faster due the high read and right speeds and access speeds of an SSD. Its a must have for gaming PCs anymore!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

About the CPU:

About the GPU:

i meant to put a period like .3ghz even though its actually .2 sorry.

Typo monster got me again.

i meant to put a period like .3ghz even though its actually .2 sorry.

Typo monster got me again.

SSDs are a butt ton faster than Hard Drives. These drives make your computer a lot faster due the high read and right speeds and access speeds of an SSD. Its a must have for gaming PCs anymore!

As much as I love team green I do have to admit that the 390 is a much better card at your price point. If you can afford it I definitely think you should pick up a 4690k but only if you plan on overclocking. And if you plan on overclocking then you're gonna have to buy a z97 board and an aftermarket cooler for a for a decent overclock.

And buy a HDD and save for an SSD. Don't buy a hybrid[emoji23].

Nice build though. Good luck!

61656195.jpg

No offence guys! Just so many reactions :P

Okay well I might get one then but which do you recommend?

Okay well I might get one then but which do you recommend?

Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. You can get the 120Gb but the speeds are lower and the price isnt worth the size difference.