[Need Help] First PC-Build under 1000 Euros

Hey guys,

i am planning on my first build right now. I want it to be a compact desktop computer well equipped for gaming/editing etc. 

Right now i have the following items on my wishlist:

GPU: msi twin frozer gtx 760 - 230 Euro

PSU: hx 650 - 105 Euro

Case: corsair 350d - 90 Euro

CPU: i7-4770K - 290 Euro

Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene - 160 euro

Cooler: corsair h80i - 80 Euro

Ram: 8GB G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3-1600 - 55 Euro

HDD: WD2002FAEX - 130 Euro

When i add everything it will cost me approx. 1155 euros, but i really want my limit to be 1000 euros. Do you guys have any idea, which components i can save money on? Or do you have any suggestions on this build in general?

Thanks in advance!

max aka de4dw0lf

Location?

Build looks nice only thing to change is the cpu , go with a 4670K more than enough power also wait for the upcomming AMD radeon 9000 series GFX cards which should come in 3 weeks or so and get something like a Radeon 9950 , also change CPU cooler to H100i with the money you did save with the 4670K

Interested in Business and Technology

get a 7970

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Get an i5, smaller PSu (500w), cheaper motherboard and maybe hold back on the cooler for a while?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Downgrade to an i5, get a 7950 instead of 760, which should be cheaper and give better performance, for saving even more money i would replace the h80i with a hyper 212 evo, and also get a cheaper motherboard.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

the psu looks expensive to me

CPU: i5 3570K; Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V; RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB); GPU: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr; Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition; Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue (500GB); PSU: Thermaltake Modular PSU 750 Watts

Location?

Build looks nice only thing to change is the cpu , go with a 4670K more than enough power also wait for the upcomming AMD radeon 9000 series GFX cards which should come in 3 weeks or so and get something like a Radeon 9950 , also change CPU cooler to H100i with the money you did save with the 4670K

Germany. Also, at what pricepoint will the 9950 be?

Get an i5, smaller PSu (500w), cheaper motherboard and maybe hold back on the cooler for a while?

What motherboard would you recommend? it should be a micro-atx though

Downgrade to an i5, get a 7950 instead of 760, which should be cheaper and give better performance, for saving even more money i would replace the h80i with a hyper 212 evo, and also get a cheaper motherboard.

which motherboard would you recommend?

the psu looks expensive to me

what psu would you recommend? i was told that 500 watt should be well enough for what i want. i also want it to be modular. 

which motherboard would you recommend?

Something like this would be fit your case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131984

However i would probably get a case like the r4 instead:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352021

and if you get a full atx case like the r4, you can get this motherboard instead:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131981

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

How seriously are you editing?  if it's just a fun thing then you could get an i5 and be well off.  If you are using it for big projects go i7.  The 10% difference in rendering performance usually isnt worth the $100 difference.  I'd also just stick with a Hyper 212 air cooler to save you some money.

Depending on the program you edit on I'd go with a 7950.  Superior OpenCL performance to all Nvidia gaming cards (short of Titan), and cheaper and better performing game-wise than a 760.

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

How seriously are you editing?  if it's just a fun thing then you could get an i5 and be well off.  If you are using it for big projects go i7.  The 10% difference in rendering performance usually isnt worth the $100 difference.  I'd also just stick with a Hyper 212 air cooler to save you some money.

Depending on the program you edit on I'd go with a 7950.  Superior OpenCL performance to all Nvidia gaming cards (short of Titan), and cheaper and better performing game-wise than a 760.

I will be rendering 3d-models with a lot of reflections and stuff, but i think an i5 will be fine as well. as you said, i don't think the 100 dollars is worth the 10% difference.

I would recommend:

AMD FX8320 with Hyper 212+ EVO

Asus 599FXA Pro r2.0

MSI HD7950

Kingston HyperX X2 2x4GB 1600mhz

Adata Premier Pro 128GB

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Corsair CX750M

Corsair 500R

Should be in your budget, you can also get a 7970 instead of the SSD, don't forget to OC both CPU and GPU!

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I will be rendering 3d-models with a lot of reflections and stuff, but i think an i5 will be fine as well. as you said, i don't think the 100 dollars is worth the 10% difference.

Okay since this is the case, consider the AMD FX-8350.  It'll perform better rendering 3D, and will yield similar in game performance to an i5.  Best performance to price ratio for your use scenario. (Cheaper than an i5 as well).

I hear they run a little hot so you might wanna consider something a little beefier than a Hyper 212.  An H100i would be nice here if you can afford it.

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

Okay since this is the case, consider the AMD FX-8350. It'll perform better rendering 3D, and will yield similar in game performance to an i5. Best performance to price ratio for your use scenario. (Cheaper than an i5 as well).

I hear they run a little hot so you might wanna consider something a little beefier than a Hyper 212. An H100i would be nice here if you can afford it.

FX8320 with a slight OC will perform the same. Also 212 is enough, if he wants to OC further then a 412 is an option too.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Thanks for all your help guys! There are a lot of good suggestions, and i will see which of those components will make it into my first build.

An update will follow in a couple days. 

What kind of editing are you doing? Programs you are using and to what scale are your projects?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

i will be using cinema 4d with global illumination. I can't say how big my prjects are going to be at the moment but it'll be something arroudn this, maybe a little more.

Hey guys,

i am planning on my first build right now. I want it to be a compact desktop computer well equipped for gaming/editing etc. 

Right now i have the following items on my wishlist:

GPU: msi twin frozer gtx 760 - 230 Euro

PSU: hx 650 - 105 Euro

Case: corsair 350d - 90 Euro

CPU: i7-4770K - 290 Euro

Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene - 160 euro

Cooler: corsair h80i - 80 Euro

Ram: 8GB G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3-1600 - 55 Euro

HDD: WD2002FAEX - 130 Euro

When i add everything it will cost me approx. 1155 euros, but i really want my limit to be 1000 euros. Do you guys have any idea, which components i can save money on? Or do you have any suggestions on this build in general?

Thanks in advance!

max aka de4dw0lf

This I my suggestion for your build

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/1wlZa

i will be using cinema 4d with global illumination. I can't say how big my prjects are going to be at the moment but it'll be something arroudn this, maybe a little more.

Here's what I came up with: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/1wmX8

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ok thanks for those 2 builds. They look both pretty nice. You guys make it hard for me to decide. Another question. What monitor would recommend?

i know most people say tn-panels are the best for gaming, but i will also do alot of editing so i would prefer a ips pannel, maybe 24". i would like it to have a nice variety of outputs such as dvi, hdmi, vga, display port etc. an sd card reader would be nice as well. Any suggestions?

Ok thanks for those 2 builds. They look both pretty nice. You guys make it hard for me to decide. Another question. What monitor would recommend?

i know most people say tn-panels are the best for gaming, but i will also do alot of editing so i would prefer a ips pannel, maybe 24". i would like it to have a nice variety of outputs such as dvi, hdmi, vga, display port etc. an sd card reader would be nice as well. Any suggestions?

What would be your monitor budget is there any certain manufacture  that you prefer   

You could've included that you needed a display in the OP.

Here: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-ips224vpn

For some reason, the instant you get past 21.5", the price skyrockets: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/#sort=a9&p=1

Reading this might have been very useful: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-reccomendations-please-read-before-posting/

The price of the monitor does not have to be included in the price of the actual build. Also i don't want to spend more than 400 euros.