PC parts so expensive in UK

0racle

So lately I've been doing some research on PC parts as I was tempted to order an i7 4790k when I went on to an American website and noticed the i7 6700k is only $419 (£280) which is an absolute bargain, however if you were to buy it in the UK it would set you back £350 ($523) which is shocking considering the 4790k is £250.

I want to know if there is any way i can pay for American prices and why there is such a high price difference.

So lately I've been doing some research on PC parts as I was tempted to order an i7 4790k when I went on to an American website and noticed the i7 6700k is only $419 (£280) which is an absolute bargain, however if you were to buy it in the UK it would set you back £350 ($523) which is shocking considering the 4790k is £250.

I want to know if there is any way i can pay for American prices and why there is such a high price difference.

Surely you're aware of VAT. Also companies think that they can get away with higher prices that don't just account for that. If you bought something from the US then import fees might be quite bad.

Also there isn't too great a performance difference between the two i7s - I'd personally go with the 4790k.

Sig under construction.

you could go to America and order the parts... mostly its because of import and shipping fees and such 

is my usual retailer really the only place in the world that has the 6700k priced at peanuts more expensive than the 4790k?

god, the world must really be filled with moneygrabbing asshats...

Surely you're aware of VAT. Also companies think that they can get away with higher prices that don't just account for that. If you bought something from the US then import fees might be quite bad.

Also there isn't too great a performance difference between the two i7s - I'd personally go with the 4790k.

Oh god import fees are annoying. Ordering fractal designs cooler costed more than the cooler was even worth.

american sites dont include tax and the import fees are high :(

*flies to murica*

*stuffs his bags full of i7s*

*flies back to europe*

no officer i am not importing stuff for business purposes, just carrying scrap metal xD

I got my i7 4790k on ebay for £180 new from some guy that got it from Amazon US. The reason that parts cost so much here in the UK is due to VAT and shipping fees. 

Welcome the glorious value added tax my friend :D

Also if you buy any electronics say from America get ready for your ass to be pounded by import tax haha

just go for the 4790K, if you had the 6700K imported form America it would cost; an arm, a leg, an eyeball, your iris, your first born child, your second wife's toes and a pumpkin...

Gaming/Editing Rig: CPU - i7 4790K|GPU - GTX 970 SSC|RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury|MOBO - Z97S SLI KRAIT|HDD - 1TB Western Digital|SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB|PSU - SuperNOVA G2 650W

Check out my YouTube channel and maybe subscribe if you get the time? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTkGuHFjcWH73lT8RqLK9TA

Check out my digital store for cool products! https://sellfy.com/Zolias

Its stupid how much more expensive the Skylake i7 is compared to i7 haswell. 

Is it because of stupid DDR4 support ? Charging like £80 more....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE